Dyacon - Model RGTB-6 - Tipping-Bucket Rain Gauge – Standard Funnel
The RGTB-6 tipping-bucket Rain Gauge with standard funnel.
We can’t do everything ourselves and are critical about selecting partner products. The Tipping Bucket Rain Gauges RGTB-6 are manufactured by Hydrological Services, a leading manufacturer of rain gauges. Dyacon evaluated several instruments for serviceability, insect protection, construction simplicity, debris screen construction, price, and manufacturing quality.
Hydrological Services gauges offer exceptional value and performance.
RGTB-6 utilizes a standard funnel catch mechanism suitable for low and medium precipitation rates. It employs dual reed switches for switch redundancy and for connecting parallel equipment.
- 200 mm orifice
- Tipping bucket mechanism
- Integrated leaf filter
- Machined outlet
- Easy to service
- Dual reed switches
- Varistor protection
- Encapsulated electronics
- Discharge collection ports
- Powder coated aluminum
- Debris screens
The cast aluminum funnel is mounted to a spun aluminum cylinder. All aluminum is powder coated.
The cylinder is mounted to the base using key-hole slots. The cylinder can be removed without fully removing the screws, eliminating lost screw when servicing equipment.
An ABS injection molded tipping bucket is thick plated with chrome to provide consistent and long-lived performance.
The injection molded base is made of UV-resistant ABS, field proven in desert conditions beyond eight years.
Dyacon replaces the standard Hydrological Services cable with an outdoor rated, jacketed cable.
The reed switches, varistors, and connector are encapsulated in pliable RTV preventing cracking from handling and temperature fatigue.
RGTB-6 includes an integrated bubble level. A three-point mounting holes can be mounted to any flat surface.
Pole mount, bird guard, and calibration device are available.
- Orifice/Collector: 200 mm +/-0.3 mm (7.87”)
- Resolution: One tip (See Resolution Options.)
- Accuracy: Better than 1% at 0 to 50 mm/hr Better than -2% at 50 t0 75 mm/hr Better than -4% at 75 to 100 mm/hr
- Resolution Options: 0.5 mm, 0.2 mm, and 0.01”
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 100% rH
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Switch Characteristics: Dual, isolated reed switches 500 mA max 12 V max working voltage Varistor protection 0.1 ohms nominal 10x8 to 10x9 MTBF
- Wire Connection: 4-position screw (slotted) terminal block
- Upper: Powder coated cast aluminum collector and spun aluminum cylinder. Machined Delrin funnel outlet.
- Base: UV stabilized black ABS. Thick wall injection molded.
- Bucket: Injection molded ABS, chrome plated, and balanced
- Mounting Holes: 3 Holes, 9.4 mm (0.370”) diameter at radius of 117 mm from center. Compatible with 8 mm or 5/16” bolts.
- Discharge Ports: 2 ports, 12.4 mm OD. Compatible with 12 mm ID tube.
- Insect and Debris Protection: Collector, discharge ports and venting screens, 1 mm typical pin size, 1.5 mm max.
- Tipping Pivots: Stainless steel axle and axle rest.
- Weight: 2 kg
- Dimensions: 237 mm x 315 mm (9.3” x 12.4”)
- Accessories: Pole mount Bird guard Calibration device