TPH‑1 is a high-quality, combination temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure sensor module. All sensing elements are integrated into a single probe and radiation shield. TPH‑1 is a low‑power, digital‑output module with a Modbus interface. (More about Modbus.)
TPH‑1 is compatible with Dyacon control modules and Modbus host devices, such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and personal computers.*
Configuration parameters, such as baud rate, sensor address, and calibration settings, can be programmed through documented Modbus commands. No special programming software is required.Feature Summary
- Air temperature
- Relative humidity
- Barometric pressure
- Modbus output
- Low-power operation
- Wide input voltage
TPH‑1 is a standard component of Dyacon MS‑100 series weather stations.
*Personal computers will require an RS‑485 adapter and appropriate software.
The TPH‑1TM active sensing probe is housed in a compact radiation shield.
Radiation shield material is UV-stabilized polycarbonate, which provides a rugged, low-mass construction that is designed to hold up over many years of use.
Temperature and relative humidity data are provided by a precision Swiss sensing element. The best-in-class capacitive sensor is highly accurate to the boundaries of its operational limits. The robust sensor is highly stable in harsh environments and exhibits minimal aging.
A 24-bit ADC digital pressure sensor element has the capability to deliver +/- 1.5 mbar. (As a reference point, that equates to 10 cm of altitude change.)
Power and data are supplied through a 4-wire Modbus RS‑485 connection to a host device. Drawing a 1.4 mA average, TPH‑1 is suitable for solar-powered instrumentation systems. Additional sleep options can reduce average current to 60 micro-amps.
The TPH‑1 mounting system is compatible with standard 1” pipe, PVC, aluminum, or steel.
The horizontal mounting pipe positions the air sensor away from the mass of surrounding structures and/or equipment that may affect air flow and temperature. The pipe also serves as an air duct for the aspirator kit, conducting heated air away from the temperature sensor.
TPH‑1 can be used with the Smart-FanTM aspiration kit for improved performance even in solar power stations. The mounting pipe serves as a remote exhaust, eliminating exhaust recirculation affecting sensor measurements.
- Range: -40°C to 80°C
- Resolution: 0.05°C
- Accuracy: +/- 0.2 K*
- Reproducibility: +/- 0.1 K
- Response Time: 10 s
- Long Term Drift: < 0.05 K/yr
- Sensor Type: PTAT
- Range: 0% to 100% rH
- Resolution: 0.1% **
- Accuracy: +/- 1.8% (0 to 80)
- Reproducibility: +/- 0.2% rH**
- Hysteresis: < +/- 1% rH
- Linearity: < +/- 1% rH
- Response Time: 12 s
- Long Term Drift:
- Sensor Type: Capacitive
- Range: 10 mbar to 1300 mbar
- Resolution: 0.065 mbar*
- Accuracy: +/- 1.5 mbar
- Response Time: 0.5 ms (or request interval)
- Long Term Stability:
- Sensor Type: MEMS
- Power Input: 5 to 24 VDC (12 VDC Nominal)
- Current: < 1.5 mA average at 14 VDC
- Cable: 4 Conductor, 24 AWG, Stranded, Foil shield w/ drain wire, Outdoor-rated PVC Jacket
- Material: UV-stabilized polycarbonate, White
- Overall (WxDxH): 13.2 cm x 13.4 cm x 13 cm (5.2 in x 5.2 in x 5.1 in)
- Weight w/ Cable: 288 g (10.2 oz)
- Weight, Shield Only: 228 g (8.1 oz)
- Protocols: Modbus RTU, RS485, Slave
- OEM Options: Packet structure, Packet content (Contact Dyacon for custom frame structure.)
- Aspiration: Smart-Fan aspiration kit.
- Structural Fittings: Elbow, coupler, Cross-over
- Structural Pipe: 1” x 2 ft
* Full response range information available upon request.
** Actual sensing element resolution is 0.02%, but only reported as 0.1 increments.