Dyacon - Model WSD-1 - Wind Speed and Direction Sensors (Modbus)
WSD-1 is a high-quality meteorological instrument for industrial, agricultural, public services, and education applications. WSD-1 is a low-power, digital output anemometer with combined wind vane. The Modbus slave output can be used with Dyacon Control Modules or other Modbus host devices such as data loggers and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Anodized Aluminum
- Ceramic Hybrid Bearings
- No-contact Direction Sensor
- No Dead Spots
- Low-power Operation
- Durable Construction
- Sun-fast Color Options for VARs
WSD-1 is made in the USA from 6061 machined aluminum. The standard product is gold anodized. Anemometer cups are UV-stabilized polycarbonate.
Several sun-fast colors are available to value-added resellers, including colorless, electroless black, blue, and red. All movement uses Dyacon ceramic hybrid bearings with synthetic lubricant for long-life operation. Fiberglass vane stem withstands harsh treatment. Vane and anemometer components and are user replaceable without disassembly.
Slim mechanical construction minimizes snow accumulation.
The wind direction sensor utilizes a no-contact sensor for high reliability, high accuracy, and, unlike potentiometer sensors, has NO dead spots.
The unique mounting tube can be fitted over standard 3/4” conduit, such as that used for antenna towers, or used with standard 1” structural pipe fittings.
The anemometer is a 3-cup mechanism utilizing Dyacon ceramic hybrid bearings.
Power and data is provided through a 4-wire connection. Wind Sensor WSD-1 uses a Modbus slave interface. Drawing <3 mA avg, Wind Sensor 1 is suitable for solar powered instrumentation systems.
- Range: 0 to 50 m/s (0 mph to 112 mph)
- Test Range: 0 m/s to 60 m/s (134 mph)
- Starting Threshold: <1 m/s (2.2 mph)
- Resolution: 0.1 m/s (0.2mph)
- Operational Range Accuracy: Greater of +/-3% or +/- 0.3 m/s
- Distance Constant: 2.1 m (6.7 ft)
- Range: 0° to 360°
- Starting Threshold: 1 m/s
- Accuracy: +/- 1°
- Resolution: 0.5°
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 80°C
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 100%
- Power Input: 5 VDC to 24 VDC
- Current: < 2 mAavg at 12 VDC
- Materials: 6061 aluminum, UV-Stabilized PC (Cups only), Filament wound fiberglass.
- Bearings: Hybrid ceramic/stainless steel
- Overall (WxDxH): 15.2 x 32 x 25.5 cm (6 x 12.5 x 10 in)
- Cable: 4 conductor (24 AWG, stranded), foil Shield w/ drain wire, outdoor rated.
- Weight w/ Cable: 675 g (23.8 oz)
- Weight w/o Cable: 500 g (17.6 oz)
- OEM Options: Custom anodizing color (red, black, blue, or clear).
- Protocols: Modbus
- Minimum Request Period: 20 ms
- OEM Options: Custom Packet structure and competing device emulation.