Dycor - Model ProLine - Process Mass Spectrometers
From Mass Spectrometers
With outstanding sensitivity, stability and unequaled clean mass separation across the whole mass range, these analyzers offer process MS at a process GC price. Available in benchtop, weatherproof and hazardous area configurations, the analyzers can sample from up to 32 inlet ports each of which can be assigned different analysis methods. Now you can afford to use MS for applications currently using GC, NIR, FTIR or multiple single component devices, or as a complement to multiple process analyzers. Available with 1-100, 1-200 or 1-300 amu range.
- Process Analytical Technology (PAT) driven
- Control of solvent drying processes to minimize cycle times
- Fermentation studies (respiratory quotient RQ, biotechnology research, genomics and genetics, vaccines and antibodies, recombinant and therapeutic proteins, pharmaceuticals)
- Biomass studies
- Fuel cell research and production
- Catalytic reactions and catalyst efficiency
- Ethylene and ethylene oxide production (mass balance, reformer efficiency)
- Ammonia, methanol and synthesis gas production
- Gas blending and bulk gas analysis
- General process troubleshooting and development
- Range: 1-100 AMU. Optional: 1-200 AMU, 1-300 AMU.
- Sample Ports: 8 to 32 port stream availability
- Inlet Pressure: 2 to 20 PSIG ( 14 to 140 kPa); optional sub-atmospheric pressure
- Accuracy: Better than 0.5% of measured value for argon in air
- Outputs: RS-485, RS-232, optional 4-20mA
- Detection Range: From 1 PPM to 100%
- Power: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 500W
- PC Requirements: Windows 98 through Windows 8
- Enclosure: General purpose benchtop
- Dimensions: 14 3/8” x 24” x 15 1/2” (36.5 cm. x 61 cm. x 39.37 cm.)
- Weight: 80 lb. (36 kg.)
- Lowest price-per-sample point
- Small and compact size
- Multipoint backup for other process analyzers
- Multiport, multicomponent analysis
- Automatic sample stream switching
- Exceptional reliability
- Real-time analysis
- Scan for unwanted sample components
- High sensitivity
- Economical and versatile general troubleshooting and development tool Reactor 1202
Offering high performance without the high price, the ProLine Series of process mass spectrometers from AMETEK Process Instruments provides features and a level of performance associated with much more expensive mass spectrometer systems. At last, you can afford to use MS for applications currently using GC, NIR, FTIR or multiple single-component analytical devices.
AMETEK has more than 20 years of experience in mass spectrometer design and manufacture, with many thousands of analyzers already operating reliably. The field-proven analyzer components, combined with AMETEK’s more than 30 years’ experience in the process analyzer business, means you can depend on ProLine to take care of your critical process control requirements.
Automatic calibration and verification maintains the performance of the analyzer and allows it to quantify the amount of gas species in multicomponent samples. Operation of the ProLine is fully automatic, providing unattended analysis of process streams and calibration gases. External process parameters can be used to trigger events. User-definable data presentation lets you set up the displays and outputs for your application needs.
Real-time process monitoring of up to 32 components is straightforward with ProLine’s powerful easy-to-use software. Complex overlapping spectra are handled automatically. The ProLine provides data output directly in concentration units with high sample rate and data throughput.
Analyzer space is always at a premium. Instrumentation has become smaller, lighter, less expensive and better, and it has just happened to process mass spectrometers. The AMETEK ProLine will easily fit on a corner of your bench or workspace.
The compact modular design of the ProLine sets a new standard in serviceability. The mass spectrometer electronics are contained in a single, easily replaced, plug-in unit. No electronic calibrations are necessary–the electronics unit will mate with any analyzer head. An inexpensive spare analyzer head and electronics unit can be kept on the shelf and easily exchanged by your own personnel on-site. There is no need for the expensive service contract typical of most process mass spectrometers. Self-diagnostics and automatic device event logging ensure GMP compliance. Modem support is available for additional factory diagnosis and troubleshooting.
The multiport sampling system consists of 8 or 16 manifold-mounted valves and a capillary restriction in an enclosure heated to prevent condensation. The inlet arrangement is designed for fast clearing and offers the choice of continuous flush on any valve position. The sampling system can be configured for sampling gas pressures from 2 to 20 PSIG with an option available that allows sampling of sub-atmospheric pressure gases. Different calibration and analysis methods can be assigned to each sample port.
At the heart of this versatile mass spectrometer is the proven AMETEK quadrupole mass filter coupled with a contaminant-resistant enclosed ion source. The ProLine shows unequaled, remarkably clean mass separation, and delivers outstanding sensitivity and stability across the whole mass range.