Dynamax - Model WET-2 - Water, Conductivity & Temperature Sensor
From Soil Moisture
For field applications, or where portability is essential, the WET Sensor Kit can be an essential tool for measuring soil water content, EC, and soil temperature. The WET2-K1 WET Sensor Kit comes complete with the WET sensor, a cable, HH2 Readout with data memory, and a handy carry case. A calibration set for a wide variety of soil types is also included. If you need calibrations for artificial media as well as soils, you will need to get the WET2-K4 version.
The WET sensor is also available with cables for connecting to the GP1 or GP2 data loggers. These loggers have the WET sensor programming already built in, so wiring and reading the sensor is fast and easy.
The WET Sensor has crucial applications in precision horticulture and soil science research and is usable in both soils and growing substrates. It is exceptional in its ability to measure pore water conductivity (ECp), the EC of the water that is available to the plant.
Where plants are grown in artificial substrates, nutrients are routinely supplied in irrigation water. Nutrient levels are controlled by monitoring the water content and conductivity (EC) and adjusting the injection of liquid fertilizer into the irrigation water. The WET Sensor is excellent for monitoring this crucial information.
Nutrients may also be provided by Controlled Release Fertilizers, and the rate at which these are taken up often depends on the weather conditions. The WET Sensor can be used to measure the EC within the growing media and so take much of the guesswork out of this process.
If the irrigation water is recycled or abstracted from rivers with high levels of dissolved salts, over time there can be a buildup of soil salinity. Soil salinization will eventually reduce crop yields. The WET Sensor is fast and efficient for sampling soil salinity, ensuring that farmers have the essential information they need to take remedial action as quickly as possible.
- Now with a more durable center rod - temperature and salinity element
- Measures Water content, EC (pore or bulk), & Temperature
- Measures directly within the root zone
- A vital tool for precision horticulture and managing effluent water irrigation
- Environmental: Sealed to IP67, connector to IP65. Operating temperature 0 to 50°C
- Power: Typically 38 mA for 2.5 seconds @ 5 Volts. Can be powered directly from TTL interface
- Frequency: 20 MHz
- Weight: 2.6 oz. (75 g)
- Calibration: Individual probe calibrations supplied.
- Dimensions: Probe housing: 2.1 x 1.7 x .4 in. (55 x 45 x 10 mm)
- Rods: 2.7 in. long x .1 in. diameter (68 mm long x 3 mm diameter)
- Response time: 5 s