Eagle Eye - Model iPQMS - Real-Time Battery Monitoring System
Eagle Eye’s iPQMS Battery Monitoring System is designed to measure the aging status of up to 448 jars (or 448 cells) by measuring and recording: string voltage and current, as well as jar/cell voltage, internal resistance, connection resistance and temperature.
The iPQMS is the premier battery monitoring system in Eagle Eye’s IBwatch-Series. It ensures backup power systems are optimally maintained in large-scale environments. The iPQMS is the main processing unit that measures up to 448 jars (or 448 cells) utilizing up to seven Relaying Units (RU). Each RU connects up to 64 jars (or 64 cells) and captures data from these batteries and sends it to the MPU in real-time. The iPQMS can be used over a private network via TCP/IP, or locally with RS-232. Networked systems can utilize SMS/Email alerts during an alarm outbreak. If you do not wish to use our Battery Management Software, Modbus protocol is available for third-party integration. Flexible expanding solutions allow multiple iPQMS units to monitor all your systems in real-time.
Battery failure can happen overnight, and Eagle Eye’s IBwatch-Series real-time battery monitoring allows full protection and confidence against such failures. Ohmic resistance and voltage measurements (per jar) are taken as often as every five minutes. String current, DC voltage, and temperature are measured in real-time. These measured parameters will provide the user a real-time understanding of their batteries state-of-health.
100% functionality is required for backup power systems to be effective. Every battery in a system contributes to the overall health of a system, and one bad battery can compromise an entire backup power system. Continuous battery monitoring will provide the results to ensure proper battery management and protection during an event outage.
Ohmic resistance results represent the condition and state-of-health of the battery, and expose weaknesses in cells & intercell conditions without stressing the battery. Cell and string voltage results can indicate if the battery is fully charged or if there are problems with the battery or charger. Stable temperature results indicate a proper operating environment, while high recorded temperatures can be a sign of thermal runaway. Use the iPQMS battery monitoring system to measure these parameters to protect the integrity of your system, and exceed industry testing requirements by IEEE and NERC.
- iPQMS MPU Body
- Relaying Units (up to seven per MPU)
- Clamps: O-Type for cable connection or C-Type for bus-bar connection
- Sensing cable (current line)
- Signal cable (voltage line)
- Temperature cable
- Total voltage current cable
- Control power cable
- Centroid Battery Management Software
- User Manual
Before installation of the iPQMS, Eagle Eye will send you an IBwatch-Series Site Survey Form. This site survey form allows us to customize your iPQMS battery monitoring system based on your batteries, network, and battery site.
The iPQMS battery monitoring system comes complete with Eagle Eye's Centroid Battery Management Software package which allows all battery systems to be monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year via a remote computer. Centroid provides real-time battery monitoring and string/cell trending with reporting capabilities. String trending reports provide system resistance, voltage, temperature, and voltage/ohms comparison. Cell trending reports provide battery/connection resistance, voltage, and temperature. Custom alarm settings can be configured per string.
Reduce maintenance costs, improve up-time and manage battery assets effectively by using the iPQMS battery monitoring solution. Real-time battery monitoring systems protect the user from costly downtime, data loss, and security risks. Real-time battery monitoring also reduces maintenance and replacement costs by maximizing battery life.
- True 24/7/365 Battery Monitoring
- Installation and maintenance can be done while battery systems are online
- Meets IEEE and NERC standard recommendations for battery monitoring solutions
- Utilizes a patented ripple-removing algorithm for the most precise and repeated results in any environment
- Injects a minimal current, allowing the user to test their battery multiple times a day without adverse effects on your battery or battery monitoring system
- Simple to install with custom (to your batteries and site), pre-assembled installation materials
- Can monitor all your systems in real time with flexible expanding solutions
- Can be powered by AC or connected DC
- Includes battery management software for:
- Battery trending
- Creating battery reports
- Displays VDC and IDC in real time
- Displays Voltage, Resistance & Temperature Per Cell
- Sends an email to the person in charge if battery is at a warning or failure level
- Records discharge & recharge and can be played back to view system and battery level performance during discharge
- Measurement Range:
- Battery Capacity: 5 – 6,000 Ah
- Nominal Unit Voltage: 1.2, 2, 4, 6, 8, or 12 Volts
- System Voltage: 0 – 576 VDC
- Load Current: ±999.9 A
- Accuracy / Resolution:
- System Voltage: ±0.5% / 0.1 V
- Load Current: ±1% / 0.1 A
- Unit Voltage: ±0.5% / 0.01 V
- Internal Resistance: ±2% / 0.001 mΩ
- Unit Temperature: ±2% / 0.1 °
- Test Speed / Test Load: 4 seconds per cell / less than 2 amps AC per cell
- Measuring Interval: Adjustable from 10 min to 24 hours (cell/unit readings)
- Data Transfer: TCP/IP to proprietary software, Modbus (via software)
- Operating Environment: Temperature: 0 – 65 °C (32 – 150 °F)
- Relative Humidity: Under 80%
- Power Requirements: Input: 43 – 250 VDC / 110 – 220 VAC
- Dimensions: MPU: 290 x 280 x 90 mm (11.4 x 11 x 3.5 in.)
- RU: 310 x 178 x 85 mm (12.2 x 5.9 x 3.3 in.)