Eco-Physics SupremeLine - Model CraNOx II - Gas Analyzer
With CraNOx II, ECO PHYSICS is launching the second generation of its high-end measurement solution in the ppb and ppt range. The new system is smaller and more sophisticated, as it now has the power to calculate the photostatic equilibrium by means of the integrated ozone analyzer. The CraNOx II system is capable of simultaneously measuring NO, NOₓ and NO₂. Furthermore, it can be expanded to assess NH₃ concentrations.
A Demanding Task for Mankind
The earth’s atmosphere protects life on earth. The challenge is to minimize the man-made influence and impact by emissions to avoid any damage to this protecting shell.
Nitrogen Oxides (NOₓ) and Particulate Matter (PM)
Nitrogen oxides are significant precursors of ozone and are formed in all combustion processes including engines, power plants or heating appliances. Ammonia (NH₃), a reduced form of a nitrogen oxide, appears as ammonia salt, usually in tiny particles. The assessment of particulate matter and nitrogen oxides is therefore the challenge for instrument manufacturers.
Correct Analysis of NOₓ
Our abbreviation for the above title is CraNOx. The first system was launched in the early ’90s by ECO PHYSICS. CraNOx has been part of many research programs and delivered reliable and continuous data all over Europe, from Spitsbergen to Croatia as well as in the Asian Pacific. It consisted of two CLDs with highest resolution and big external pumps, a photolytic converter, an ozone instrument and a calibrator, all built into a rack of more than 1.8 meters in height. Now, ECO PHYSICS announces the next generation: the CraNOx II – all included – even the pump – in less than a quarter of the size.
The main requirement for the new CraNOx II system was a high-performing two channel CLD with pre chambers for compensation of the chemical zero. Timely, the newly developed platform of the SupremeLine offered the necessary sensitivity and speed. With its carefully designed housing of four height units and the integrated powerful pump it was the perfect housing for the further components of the CraNOx II system.
The system would not be complete without an appropriate control software, which handles and manages the different tasks. The software „CraNOx- Control is a Lab- View®-based Windows® application, that measures gases, presents data and performs calibrations.
The system starts automatically and quickly reaches measure mode for continuous and unattended operation. The measured data is continuously stored and displayed on the high-resolution touch-screen. All control functions are easily accessible by means of the interface. Connections for mouse and keyboard as well as LAN and USB add the comfort of a PC. For an enlarged display use the video output for either an additional display or a digital projector. Just concentrate on the data validation and presentation – all other functions are taken over by your CraNOx II system.
- Range: 1 ppb – 1’000 ppb
- Minimum Detectable Concentration: <0.025 ppb
- Parameters: NO, NO₂, NOₓ, O₃
- Precise ambient measurements
- Tropospheric research
- Long range transport of air masses
- Background ambient monitoring stations
- Flux measurements in rural areas
NO/NOX detection by CLD:
- Measuring ranges: four freely selectable ranges from 1 ppb – 1’000 ppb
- Min. detectable concentration *: <0.025 ppb
- Noise at zero point (1σ) *: <0.01 ppb
NO2 conversion by photolytic converter:
- Converter volume: 270 ml
- Light source: metal halide lamp (200 W)
- Analysis: automatic correction for photo-dissociation rate and ambient ozone concentration
- Ozone detection by UV photometer
- Measuring O3: 50 ppb to 1’000 ppb
- Precision: 1 ppb
- Noise: ± 1 ppb
- Principle of operation: mass flow controller
- Accuracy (of set point): ± 1 % (flow and concentration)
- Modes of operation: man. or automatic zero/span range selectable; converter efficiency check and compensation
- Lag time: <3 sec
- Rise time (0-90 %): <1 sec
- Temperature range: 15-35°C
- Humidity tolerance: 5-95 % rel. h (non-condensing, ambient air and sample gas)
- Sample flow rate: 2.7 l/min
- Input pressure: ambient
- Dry air flow rate: 140 ml/min
- Oxygen use for O3 generator: 200 ml/min
- Interface: USB(2x), HDMI, Bluetooth, RS232 (w/o 9pin connector), LAN, WLAN
- Display: 8” color, touch screen
- Data presentation: online values, graphs, tables
- Data storage: > 1-year cont. operation measurement values, calibrations, states of operation
- Export data format: ASCII (tables and online values)
- Power required: 950 VA (incl. membrane pump and ozone scrubber)
- Supply voltage: 100–230 V / 50–60 Hz
- Dimensions: height: 356 mm (14”) / width: 450 mm (19”) ; with molding: 495 mm / depth: 650 mm (25.6”)
- Weight: 75 kg
- Delivery includes: CraNOx II system, power cable, FTDI-RS232-USB cable, USB-LAN adapter, manual
- Standard: CraNOx II: two channels, pre chambers, photolytic-converter, ozone analyzer, calibrator
- CON 765: NOY gold converter
- NOX-amines, NH3 assessment (requires an additional nCLD899 CY)
*depending on filter setting