Eco-Tec AnoPur - Purifies Anodizing Baths to Improve Aluminum Quality
AnoPur is a version of Eco-Tec’s Acid Purification System specifically adapted for purification of sulfuric acid used in aluminum anodizing. Hundreds of AnoPur units are in operation in anodizing facilities around the world. AnoPur is used to continuously remove dissolved aluminum from sulfuric acid anodizing baths in order to maintain the dissolved aluminum at a consistently low concentration. This leads to elimination of bath decanting, minimizes chemical costs, and ensures a consistent, predictable anodizing operation at all times leading to improved product quality and productivity.
AnoPur is a factory assembled, skid-mounted equipment package featuring a resin bed, piping, valves, and controls. It is connected to an anodizing tank (or multiple tanks) and continuously operates to remove dissolved aluminum from the tank. It does this using a simple process which involves passing the anodizing solution through a resin bed where the sulfuric acid and dissolved aluminum are separated. Periodically the resin is automatically “regenerated” using only water.
- Reduces acid purchases and waste treatment costs.
- Eliminates downtime for dumping and reformulating anodizing baths.
- Lower electrical current and cooling requirements due to the higher conductivity of purified anodizing solutions.
- Consistent, predictable current and voltage requirements. This allows for full automation of the anodizing process.
- Consistent, predictable anodic film characteristics (thickness, density) to assure consistent appearance. This is especially critical in maintaining consistent color in subsequent electrolytic color or organic dyeing steps.