Eco-Tec - Recovery Systems for Hydrometallurgy Processes
Eco-Tec Recovery Systems offer a simple, economical approach to purifying acid bleed streams, allowing their recycle and reuse. The separated metals can then be cost effectively reclaimed following acid-purification treatment.
For years, electrorefining and electrowinning operations wishing to produce high-purity copper have relied on Eco-Tec’s Systems to continually remove metal impurities from copper and zinc electrolyte bleed streams. The purified acid can then be recycled back to the tank house. This significantly reduces acid consumption and waste treatment expenses.
Strong mineral acids like sulfuric acid can be separated from dissolved metal salts using Eco-Tec’s technology. The process driving force is based on concentration differences and does not require high energy input. The System utilizes a unique resin sorbent process and simple water wash to remove acids such as sulfuric, hydrochloric, nitric, phosphoric, and hydrofluoric from aqueous solutions. Online bath purification — through Eco-Tec’s world-leading APU® (Acid Purification Unit) — is used in many industries from window manufacturers and steel mills to capacitor plants and copper refineries.
- Greater Performance – Reduced impurity levels, consistently higher purity electrolyte
- Lower Costs – Reduced sulfuric acid and lime purchases
- Greater Efficiency – More efficient electrolytic process, low resin inventory (80-90% reduction)
- Smaller Footprint – Less space required, short bed height, small resin volume
- Easy Installation – Pre-assembled, pre-programmed, skid-mounted, pre-tested
- Uses Eco-Tec’s highly efficient Recoflo ion exchange process and unique integrated cation exchange/resin sorption (DPU) process for the greatest acid savings and minimal waste.
- Factory assembled modules and testing in Eco-Tec’s ISO registered facility assures fast start-up and reliable operation.
- Proven, quality, corrosion resistant components and materials selected for long service life in an aluminum processing facility.
- Complete system design – Eco-Tec systems are highly automated and can often be used to service multiple lines
- Technical service – Eco-Tec provides start-up supervision, customer training, and access to the ECO-SERV program that insludes performance montioring and 24 hour telephone service.