EcoBird - Model 4.0 - Fogging Bird Repellent
EcoBird is an oil-based Methyl Anthranilate (MA) bird repellent used for the dispersal of pest birds in open spaces. It is formulated for application with foggers and haze generators. When used as directed, EcoBird is harmless to people, pets, plants and birds. It consists of Methyl Anthranilate (MA) and an oil based carrier. MA exceeds US Food Chemical Codes (FCC) specifications, and is classified as Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS). It is used as a fragrance or flavoring in many types of foods including; soda, ice cream, candy and gelatin. It comes from natural sources such as concord grapes and flowers.
EcoBird Repellent 4.0
- Proven effective and humane
- Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS)
- 40% Methyl Anthranilate (MA)
- Apply with foggers and hazers
- Use just a few ounces per acre
- RTU, no mixing or dilution
- Safe for people, pets, plants
How Does Fogging Work?
EcoBird is a contact repellent - the birds must be exposed to the fog or haze to get the repellent effect. The MA stimulates a bird’s trigeminal nerve creating a sensation similar to eating a hot chili pepper. The birds soon associate the location with the repellent and find other places to land, roost and nest.
EcoBird is applied with pulse jet foggers, mechanical cold foggers and haze generators. Regardless of type, the equipment used must produce a particle size of 30 microns or less.
Application: EcoBird is ready to use, do not dilute or mix with any other material. For best results apply a dry fog or haze with the majority of particles in the 10-20 micron size range. A dry fog spreads quickly and efficiently, permeating all areas without leaving an oily residue.
When to apply and how often:
Birds breathe 30 times faster when they fly, so the best time to expose a bird is when it is in flight, entering or leaving the area. For best results, fog or haze in the early evening (before dark) when the birds have returned to the roosts for the evening.
If using a pulse jet thermal or ULV cold fogger, it may take 6 to 7 applications to expose all of the birds in a flock to the repellent. After each application fewer and fewer birds will return until all the birds have found other places to go. In a bird hazing system, follow the equipment placement and time settings recommended by the manufacturer.
Coverage: Pulse jet foggers can use as little as 8 fluid ounces per acre. Haze generators use even less product to cover even more space as they produce a much lighter haze for longer periods of time.
Many Applications Include:
- Indoor and outdoor bird dispersal
- Aircraft hangers, warehouses
- Parking garages, bus terminals
- Recycling centers and landfills
- loading docks and large flat roofs
- Stadiums, arenas, racetracks
- Feed lots, stockyards, barns
- Greenhouses, plant nurseries
- Golf courses, city parks, gardens
- Electrical substations, utilities
- Trees, landscaping and turf
- Orchards, vineyards and more...