Ecotech - Model Serinus 60 - Direct Nitrogen Dioxide Analyser
Ecotech presents the latest addition to the Serinus range: The Serinus 60 NO₂ analyser with Cavity Attenuated Phase Shift (CAPS) spectroscopy technology. This technology allows direct measurement of nitrogen dioxide (NO2), rather than an indirect calculation from a chemiluminescence analyser. Using a modulated blue LED light source, the detector measures the phase shift attributable to the level of NO2 in the measurement cell over an average path length of several kilometres.
No converter, no high vacuum, no ozone and no chemical reactions are required.
Never has accurate measurement of NO2 been more important, or higher on the agenda, for environmental protection. Studies and health reports have raised awareness of the risks to human health from nitrogen dioxide, such as decreased lung function and other respiratory conditions.
The solution starts with fast, accurate data, and nothing beats measuring directly. That’s why we have launched the Serinus 60; an affordable NO2 analyser that gives accurate and timely results.
Nitrogen dioxide is in the forefront of concerns over air pollution in cities worldwide. Authorities have been forced to take drastic measures, such as odd-even number plate days, green taxes, car-scrapping and ride-sharing programmes in an attempt to mitigate the problem. But, as urban populations, industry, vehicle ownership and transportation increase, the underlying issue is getting worse.
For environmental protection agencies NO₂ has long been ‘on the radar’ as a criteria gas. Until the advent of the advanced and more affordable CAPS technology, levels were derived from indirect measurement, posing disadvantages such as precision of measurement and response when levels were dynamic.
The Serinus 60 now makes direct, responsive and accurate measurements of this key criteria gas possible.
Importantly, it also delivers these advantages in a highly affordable package.
Serinus 60. It’s a game changer.
For years now, the Serinus range has been recognised internationally for precision and usability. The new Serinus 60 is no different. It has been designed from the outset with the user in mind: intuitive to use, simple to configure and offering in-the-field accuracy and reliability.
These qualities count, when the risks from NO2 are under scrutiny like never before.
By delivering direct measurement, in an affordable and usable package, Serinus 60 is a huge step forward in addressing NO2 pollution in an increasingly urbanised world.
- Measures NO2 directly – highly selective and no cycle time (switching between NOx and NO)
- Accurate, repeatable and rapid readings every five seconds
- Less maintenance than chemiluminescence analysers
- Low power consumption
- No converter or ozone generator
- Traffic emissions monitoring: roadside, tunnels
- Ambient air quality monitoring
- Indoor air quality monitoring
- Mobile and fixed monitoring stations
- Industrial fence-line monitoring
- Stack emissions monitoring
- Plume monitoring
- Measurement and monitoring studies
- Medical gas monitoring
- Process control
- Trace gas monitoring
Serinus 60 comes with the backing of Ecotech, a global leader in environmental monitoring since the 1970s.
Today, Ecotech is a trusted partner in the protection of workforces, communities and the environment in over 80 countries. We operate and maintain one of the largest networks of monitoring systems in the world. The quality of our products and solutions are second to none, and we’re globally recognised for our expertise in technical support.
It all stems from the problem-solving mindset that’s been part of our DNA since day one, and still drives us today. It goes hand-in-hand with our acute awareness of environmental issues and the need to stay ahead of changes in the natural world.
As concern over NO2 levels rises, we have stepped up to find a more precise and accurate method for monitoring. Designed, manufactured and supported by the proven experts at Ecotech, Serinus 60 is the answer.
- Ecotech is a trusted partner for governments and industries across 80 countries
- Ecotech operates and maintains large networks of monitoring systems around the world
- Ecotech’s products have proven performance for reliability and accuracy even in remote and harsh environments
- Expert technical support services across the world
- Ranges: 0 - 1 ppm
- Concentration display: mg/m3, μg/ m3, ppm, ppb or ppt
- Noise: < 0.02 ppb
- Lower detectable limit: 0.04 ppb or 0.5 % of reading, whichever is greater
- Linearity: < 1% of full scale
- Precision: 0.04 ppb or 0.5 % of reading, whichever is greater
- Zero drift: < 0.75 ppb
- Span drift: < 1.5 ppb or 0.5 % of reading, whichever is greater
- Response time: < 30 seconds
- STP reference: 0°C, 20°C, 25°C at 101.3kPa
- Sample flow rate: 500 cc/min
- Temperature range: 0 °C to 45 °C
- Power: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz (autoranging)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 3.5 RU, 429 x 175 x 638 mm
- Weight: 19.4 kg
- USB port (digital communication)
- Bluetooth (digital communication via Android App)
- TCP/IP Ethernet network connection (optional)
- RS232 Port 1: Digital communication
- RS232 Port 2: Multidrop port
- Protocols: Modbus RTU/TCP, Bayern-Hassen, EC9800, Advanced
25 pin I/O port:
- Menu selectable current output of 0-20, 2-20, or 4-20 mA
- Menu selectable voltage output of 0 to 5 V or 0 to 10 V, with offset of 0 %, 5 % or 10 %
- Auto-ranging from 0-50 ppb to 0-200 ppm
- 3 scalable analogue inputs, 0-5 V, 160 μV resolution
- 8 logic level digital status inputs/8 open collector digital outputs
8 Gb removable USB flash memory drive that stores the following:
- Internal data logger, event log, automatic/manual configuration backup, automatic/manual parameter list save
- Internal data logger can store up to 12 of 200+ available parameters
- Data logger Interval from 1 second up to 24 hours user selectable
- Storage capacity of ~10 years at a 1 minute interval