Ecotech Protinus - Model 1000 - Real-Time Dust Monitor
The Protinus 1000 provides a particulate monitor ideally suited for continuous monitoring around mines, quarries, construction and other dust generating activities. The Protinus 1000 utilises size specific inlets to ensure accurate real-time dust measurements at suspended solids, PM10 or PM2.5 size fractions. The Protinus 1000 can be combined with weather sensors to provide wind speed and direction data, Rh and ambient temperature. The monitor provides analogue outputs that can be used to activate localised visible or audible alarms if preset conditions are exceeded, as well as digital outputs for remote data extraction. The Protinus 1000 can be solar powered and equipped with a selection of modem types which is ideal for nomadic deployment in remote areas such mine sites.
The Protinus 1000 provides a particulate monitor ideally suited for use around mines, quarries, construction and other dust generating activities.
The Protinus 1000 utilises two measurement methods to ensure accurate real-time dust measurements of TSP, PM10 or PM2.5.
When correlated against the monitor’s gravimetric sample filter, forward light scatter method provides accurate and instantaneous measurement of dust concentrations.
Gravimetric Sampling Filter method samples dust onto an internal 47 mm filter for use in correlating the light scatter method. Filter can also be used for later chemical analysis such as XRF to determine heavy metal concentrations.
Measurement errors induced by changes in ambient relative humidity are eliminated by incorporating an inbuilt sample heater controlled by a relative humidity sensor.
Available on its own or as a full turn-key installation, the Protinus can be combined with a solar panel, wind speed and direction sensor, modem, and data collection software - a powerful tool for remotely quantifying dust emissions from around any site.
Stable & Accurate Monitoring
- Measures PM10, PM2.5 or TSP
- Automatic flow control
- Programmable auto zero/span
- Laser Diode precision optical engine.
- Sheath-air protected optics
- Aluminium weatherproof enclosure
- Completely self-contained
- Inbuilt data logger.
- Concentration ranges Autoranging: 0 - 0.05, 0 - 1, 0 - 10, 0 - 65 mg/m3
- Sensitivity: 1 µg/m3
- Particle size sensitivity range: 0.1 - 100 micron
- Accuracy: 8 % of NIOSH 0600
- Precision: 3 µg/m3 or 2 % reading
- Long-term stability: 5 % reading
- Sampling frequency: 1 sec
- Sample flow rate: 2 lpm
- Available cut points: TSP, PM10, PM2.5, PM1
- Temperature range: -10 to 50 °C
- Size: 267 x 235 x 145 mm
- Power consumption: 350 mA (no heater) 1.1 A (with heater)
- Internal battery (Optional):
- 12 VDC 12 Amp-Hr
- > 30 hours (no heater)
- 10 hours (with heater)
- 1 - 60 minutes selectable
- 4 x 20 LCD
- 0 - 1, 0 - 2.5, 0 - 5 VDC, RS232
Data storage capacity
- 12000 Records
- Universal voltage power supply
- Inlet heater
- TSP inlet
- 47 mm filter holder
- Internal battery charger
- Comet software
- Digital output cable
- Instruction manual.
- PM10, PM2.5, PM1
- Sharp-Cut Cyclone
- Aluminium tripod
- Modem (radio or 3G)
- Wind speed / direction sensor
- Ambient RH
- External battery cable.