ECPCREC - Computer Room Evaporative Cooler
This is the standard CREC cooler which has been specifically designed for the cooling of data centres and server rooms. The air is discharged through the bottom of the cooler and the attemperation is provided by a patented single damper on the top of the cooler. All other models are derivatives of this model.This cooler has a nominal air flow of 10,000m3hr @ 130Pa external pressure and can provide up to 35kW of cooling from 1.5kW of electricity.
Control - A special control system has been designed for use with the CREC which is purchased in addition to the cooler. Each controller can manage up to 6 CRECs and is designed specifically to meet the requirements of each client. Based on a Schneider Crouzet PLC, the controller continually monitors key environmental parameters and then sets damper positions and fan speeds to control the temperature and optimise performance. All key sensors are duplicated and monitored and where refrigeration is used as a back-up this is automatically enabled in fault conditions. For more information on the CREC control system please visit our control section
Water Control - A patented water control system using a 4 probe system prevents excess water usage and ensures that the tank is drained completely to prevent the build-up of bacteria in the sump.
The CRECDT is classed as LOW risk with regards to Legionella but in line with health and safety regulations a full legionella risk assessment can be provided when the units are commissioned should this be required.Availability - stocked item lead time 5-10 days.
- Size - height 1192mm, length 1150mm width 1150mm
- Volume - 1.3m3
- Duct - it is normal to use 645mm square duct for the supply and return. The attemperation damper has a 30mm flange.
- Weight - dry 60kg , operating 100kg
- Cabinet - injection moulded from polypropylene, UV stabilised and corrosion free
- Electrical requirement - 240v 50Hz. 12A start 8A running. An external isolator is fitted as standard.
- Water requirement - mains water supply minimum 1 bar max 7 bar. Minimum supply 500L/hr
- Flow Rate - nominally rated at 10,000m3hr @130Pa external pressure
- Warranty - two years parts only warranty subject to the cooler being maintained by EcoCooling approved service engineers.