EGauge - Model 4590 - Soil Density Gauge
Troxler, the industry leader in nuclear density gauges, now offers a license exempt* option for soil quality control testing! The EGauge uses the proven nuclear technology for density measurements unlike other non-licensed density measurement devices.
- Accurate and reliable readings – compares well to industry standards
- As easy to use as Troxler’s current gauges
*** Currently available for US Market Only.
Exempt from the Hassles of Licensing
Maintaining a radioactive materials license can be complicated and time consuming for owners of “Specifically Licensed” gauges. In the United States, the EGauge is exempt from the radioactive materials license: no special training classes for operators, no TLD badges, no special shipping documents, and no reciprocity needed to use it in other states.
Easy to Use
The operation of the Model 4590 is similar to that of the traditional Troxler nuclear density gauges and therefore, the experienced operator can use the gauge with little additional training.
Reliable and Repeatable Density Results
Data collected by multiple agencies shows excellent correlation between the EGauge and Troxler’s Model 3440 Density Gauge (R2 values ranged from 0.93 to 0.98). EGauge repeatability is also equal to that of the current density gauges as listed in the applicable ASTM specification (0. 3 lb/ft3 (4.8 kg/m3)).
Complete with Moisture Probe
The Troxler Model 6760 Moisture Probe is provided with each EGauge. The electromagnetic probe measures the moisture of the soil in the same prepared hole that is used for the density measurement. Blue tooth technology enables the probe to communicate the moisture data to the EGauge allowing the gauge to display complete results. The EGauge also accepts moisture data using the keypad if another method is used.
Additional Features and Options
- Easy to Read Display – easy to read enlarged LCD screen with backlighting for viewing in low light conditions.
- Automatic Depth Mode – detects the source rod depth during each measurement.
- Data Storage and Output – stores up to 1000 test readings under multiple projects for later recall or downloading.
- Auto-Store Function – when enabled automatically stores sample data under the active project.
- USB Port – access for outputting stored data to a printer or removable storage “thumb drive.”
- Optional GPS – records GPS information with each measurement and has Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) capabilities for better accuracy.