Eijkelkamp - Model 01.02.01.07.B - Edelman Auger, Bottom, Clay, Bay, Ø7 Cm
The typical design of the Edelman auger allows for a minimum of friction during penetration into the soil, and the extraction of the auger from the soil, which means less physical effort. To achieve optimal results, the auger type should be chosen in respect of the soil type in question.
- High tensile strength forged auger bodies
- Perfect auger body shapes for optimal drilling
- Non toxic steel for all types of analyses
- Rapid connectible extension rods
- Leave augers to air-dry after use
- Decontaminate with soap
- One man operated until 10 m depth
Clay soils can be very cohesive; therefore, the blades of the clay type can be narrow. The blades meet with little resistance permitting augering to be done with a minimum of effort, producing a hardly disturbed sample. Wider blades would cause extra friction and the soil material would be difficult to remove.
This auger is available in several diameters, and/or various connections.
Divisible augers are manufactured with the standard bayonet connection or a conical screw thread connection.
- Connection: screwthread, bayonet, square
- Product material: iron, other material
- Sample diameter: 7-20 cm
- Sample length: 10 cm
- Sample specification: semi-disturbed
- Package size: 69 x 6 x 6 cm
- Weight: 0.9 kg
- Soil profile description and classification
- Soil sampling above groundwater table