Eijkelkamp - Model 01.08.00.04.B - Spiral Auger, Bottom Part, Bay, Ø4 cm
The spiral auger operates similar to a corkscrew and does not cut off the soil. The auger is usually applied when hard layers need to be penetrated. The spiral auger has a negative end, i.e. the centre of the auger end is whetted away. For profile research (soil mapping) the spiral auger is seldom used. Its use is confined to augering through very hard layers, e.g. boreore, brick layers, chalk and lime profiles in combination with other auger types. The single spiral auger is standard equiped with a contact for electrodes.
- High tensile strength forged auger bodies
- Perfect auger body shapes for optimal drilling
- Non toxic steel for all types of analyses
- Rapid connectible extension rods
- Leave augers to air-dry after use
- Decontaminate with soap
- One man operated until 10 m depth
This auger is available in several diameters, and/or various connections.
Divisible spiral auger. To penetrate hard layers at greater depths, available with standard bayonet or conical screw thread connection.