EIRIS - Convention Watch
EIRIS Convention Watch assesses your portfolio against norms and principles enshrined in the UN Global Compact and other international conventions.
EIRIS Convention Watch provides a clear understanding of the many allegations made against companies in the media and through NGO campaigns.
The product uses a broad framework of global conventions to analyse how well companies are upholding widely-supported principles and addressing the associated material environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks to their businesses.
EIRIS Convention Watch was the world’s first service to track corporate compliance with global norms and to assess how companies are addressing the specific and broader issues associated with the allegations made against them.
EIRIS Convention Watch methodology
EIRIS monitors a wide range of media, NGO and other sources from around the world for allegations of company breaches of international conventions. Our analysts assess which of the allegations are the most serious and then apply our methodology to produce Convention
Watch reports for those cases.
Each report includes a detailed description of the issue and an analysis of what the company must do in order to address the allegation. A key element of the service is engagement with the company about their response to the allegation.
Features & benefits
- 3,750 companies researched including 750 emerging market companies
- Huge range of global sources checked continually
- Clear, four-grade assessment scale of whether allegations are addressed / not addressed
- Concise reports provide contextual information incorporating the company’s own response to the case
- Complements a wide variety of responsible investment approaches
- Easy, cost-effective way to mitigate ESG risk, engage with companies and screen on poor performers
- Available as a stand-alone service or alongside EIRIS’ other products and services
- Assists with compliance of UN Principles for Responsible Investment