SnowPure - Model XL-DER Series - Electrodeionization (EDI) for Hemodialysis Purifies Water & Removes Endotoxins
In kidney dialysis, the purity of water is critical in order to protect patients from harmful contaminants like endotoxins. Endotoxins are byproducts of dead bacteria killed in the water purification system, and when not removed, may trigger fevers in patients. Since this water is in contact with a patient's own blood, it is critical to reduce endotoxins to the lowest possible level. In a recent study in Japan, the use of Electropure'' XL-DER EDI further reduced endotoxin levels coming from the RO by an additional 95%, study published in the Journal of Bioscience Control. It is expected that UV-RO-EDI-UF will become the new standard for the preparation of best practices hemodialysis water.
Key Benefits Include:
- XL-DER EDI purifies RO water for central kidney dialysis systems
- XL-DER EDI removes endotoxins for healthier results
- XL-DER EDI is heat-sanitizable to 85°C
- No concentrate recirculation or brine injection
- Thin-Cell efficient technology
- Thin-Concentrate non-scaling technology
- Unique non-scaling electrode system
- Patented Excellion'*' membranes
- Electropure'' EDI technology was born in 1977. before lonpure
- SnowPure is privately held
- SnowPure is your partner, not a competitor
- High quality Electropurem EDI training and OEM support
- Continuous Process-no upsets
- Operating cost is minimized
- No hazardous waste, no associated costs and risks
- No regeneration acid or caustic
- Flexible - easy to expand a modular EDI system
- Reliable - no recirculation system components to fail
- SnowPure believes strongly in training—this helps ensure field success with Electropure' EDI systems.
- SnowPure assists new OEM customers through their system design phase.
- Our customers also have access to our Best Practices P&ID's to aid in their EDI system optimization.
- Combined with ongoing Technical Service, we help ensure success