Elgin - 40 Foot Containerized Dewatering and Waste Oil Treatment System
From Oil and Gas Products
As the drilling industry is regulated by a myriad of environmental regulations that continue to become increasingly more stringent, having the right solids control and dewatering equipment has become vital to successful drilling operations. Dewatering presents a great deal of benefits and advantages. One such benefit includes discharge compliance, in which many cases result in a “zero-discharge” or “closed-loop system.” In addition, the importance of recovering oil from the drilling fluid is vital to maximizing profits. With the correct combination of chemicals added to the oil slop and oil sludge waste can result in the effective removal of solids while recovering high quality oil and water.
Dewatering also maximizes drilling fluid recovery, ultimately lowering overall mud costs as well as disposal and transportation expenses. Furthermore, with these systems, mud properties improve and as mud properties improve, so too does the rate of penetration. With a “zero-discharge” or “closed-loop system” rigs can operate without mud pits, therefore reducing the location footprint and environmental impact.
For over 25 years, Elgin has been designing solids management and dewatering systems for the most demanding environments. With this experience, Elgin has designed a 20’ an 40' Containerized Dewatering Unit. This unit was designed with the customer in mind by being mobile and compact. Furthermore, it also incorporates sophisticated graphical user interfaces, chemical additive injection systems, ESS-1450HD2 or ESS-1967HD2 decanter centrifuge, and in-line mixer systems. By utilizing proprietary polymer hydration manifolds, the polymer enhanced flocculation of colloidal and ultra-fine drilled solids can be efficiently removed with a decanter centrifuge.
This versatile unit can be customized by our engineering team to meet any specific needs or challenges. It may be operated as a stand-alone device or can be incorporated as the cornerstone of a sophisticated closed-loop solids control and waste management treatment system. Systems can be climate controlled and insulated, upon request.
- Description : 40' HMI Containerized Dewatering Unit
- Length : 40' (12.14m)
- Width : 8' (2.4m)
- Height : 9.5' (2.9m)
- Centrifuge (rpm / G's) : ESS-1967 (3,100/2,600)
- Coagulant Tank : 2 x 300 gallon (2,271 liters)
- Flocculant Tank : 2 x 300 gallon (2,271 liters)
- Dissolution / Transfer Tank : 1,500 gallon (5,678 liters)
- Tank Agitators : 4x 1 hp
- Electrical : 380V/50Hzor 460V / 60Hz -3 Phase
Overview of Unit Features
- Compact design for small footprint
- VFD control panel with HMI touch-screen interface.
- Progressive cavity or self-priming feed pump for homogonous feed.
- ESS-1450HD2 or ESS-1967HD2 decanter centrifuge for complete fluid processing.
- 14’’ shafted screw conveyor for easy cuttings discharge.
- Easy to use VFD/HMI control panel with touch screen interface.
- Top mounted polymer tank agitators
- Integrated plumbing to achieve hydration residence time.
The ESS-1967HD2 is a high performance centrifuge able to maintain a consistent G-force and flow rate (gpm) even through varying mud weights. Capable of achieving up to 2,600 G’s of force and 3,100 rpm these units are perfect for offshore or onshore operations. Whether operation goals are barite recovery, solid/liquid classifying, or chemically enhanced dewatering, Elgin’s ESS-1967HD2 is a proven solution.