ElvaX - Model Geo - Portable XRF Analyzer for Mining and Exploration
From Handheld Analyzers
An instant on-site elemental analysis is one of the necessities of the modern mining industry. ElvaX Geo offers you accurate data and ease of operation during geo-exploration or quality assurance. The instrument is designed specifically for long non-stop convenient operation. The unique 800 mm2 analytical spot analysis increases averaging of inhomogeneous samples. A composite pole helps you keep a comfortable body position during operation and enables to analyze hard-to-reach places. This form factor allows for uninterrupted measurement during slow walking while measurement results are communicated to the operator through headphones. ElvaX Geo is operated through a PDA in a protective enclosure, which can be put underneath outer garment in case of extreme climatic conditions. The Li-Ion Battery can be hidden as well.
ElvaX Geo offers excellent repeatability and low limits of detection with a unique 800 mm2 analytical spot that greatly increases the averaging of inhomogeneous samples
The instrument is designed speciаlly for long non-stop convenient operation
ElvaX Geo software uses both the Fundamental Parameters and the Empirical Calibration Methods
- Fundamental parameters analysis of unknown samples without empirical calibration. User Factor Calculation Method enables to enhance analysis accuracy for a specific site.
- Averaging function to minimize error during analysis of inhomogeneous samples.
- With the help of a laboratory stand, ElvaX Geo is transformed into a desktop instrument working with ElvaX PC software.
- ElvaXTMsoftware allows not only to perform in-depth analysis of XRF spectra but enables to create calibrations of your own.
- ElvaX Geo supports integration with an external GPS module via Bluetooth. The Acquired data can then be used in a GIS.
- The analyzer comes with the watertight case, holster for carrying, composite pole, and laboratory stand.
ElvaX Geo software uses both the Fundamental Parameters and the Empirical Calibration Methods. Fundamental parameters analysis of unknown samples without empirical calibration is remarkably accurate. However, every instrument is calibrated for the basic mineral types with NIST or NIST traceable samples. ElvaX Geo demonstrates excellent limits of detection and repeatability. ElvaX Geo is capable of analyzing the whole range of minerals without prior calibration.
This portable device delivered together with a case to protect it from vibrations, weather influence, and fallings.
- Anode: W
- Voltage: 50 kV
- Current: 200
- Power: 10 W
- Spot size: 800 mm2
- Type: Fast SDD
- Active area: 25 mm2 (option 70 mm2)
- Energy resolution: Count rate: 500 000 cps
- DPP: proprietory DAS (Dynamically Adaptive Shaping) type, 80 MHz sampling rate
- MCA: 4096 channels
- Display: 4.3″
- Dimensions: 242 х 236 х 90 mm
- Weight: 2 kg
- Protection: IP67
- Operating system: Windows EC7
- Analysis algorithms: Fundamental parameters (FPA), Empirical (regression) calibrations