EMCORE - Model 7840A DOCSIS 3.1 - Low Noise CATV Optical Receiver
From Lasers & Components
The 7840A DOCSIS 3.1 Low Noise CATV Optical Receiver is a singlemode fiber pigtailed module featuring a low-noise, impedance-matched broadband photodiode and RF amplification
The device receives optical analog and/or digital signals for a range of video broadcast options, and delivers the corresponding RF electrical output. The wide bandwidth supports the delivery of up to 110 CATV analog signals or a combination of analog and digital channels (80/30 for example), including HDTV broadcast.
The 7840A DOCSIS 3.1 exhibits excellent distortion performance with values well above standards over the entire bandwidth and case temperature specifications (40 MHz – 1200 MHz, -30 °C to +85 °C).
Moreover, the proprietary impedance-match circuitry between the photodetector and RF amplification stages resolves a number of OEM design obstacles with very low noise performance value, typically less than 4.5 pA/√Hz.
The 7840A DOCSIS 3.1 Low Noise CATV optical receiver can be used in both 1310 nm and 1550 nm applications being useful at different points of a given network.
The 7840A DOCSIS 3.1 is compliant with all criteria of the Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS) guidelines 2002/95/EC.
- Video Signal Distribution in HFC and FTTx nodes
- Video Overlay in Passive Optical Networks (PON).
- 5 Wide 40 MHz – 1200 MHz Bandwidth Supports as Many as 110 CATV Analog Channels or a Combination of Analog and Digital Channels Including HDTV Broadcast.
- Excellent RF Frequency and Distortion Characteristics for High Linearity.
- Low Noise (3.9 pA/√Hz typ.) Low Power
- Dissipation (0.75 W max.) as well as
- High RF Output.
- RoHS Compliant
- Internal Prorietary Impedance Match Circuitry (75Ω)
- Robust Small Package with Singlemode Fiber Pigtail and Connector Options
- Wide Operating Case Temp Range, -30O to + 85OC
- Frequency Range 40 – 1200 MHz
- CTB (79ch NTSC) -80 dBc (typ)
- CSO (79ch NTSC) -68 dBc (typ)
- Optical Input Power Up to +3 dBm
- Wavelength 1260 – 1620 nm
- Power Consumption 0.85 W