ENIGMA - Model ENIGMA-hyQ - Multi-point Correlation System for Trunk Main Leak Location
The ENIGMA-hyQ is a variant of the standard ENIGMA multi-point correlation logger that has been further optimised for leak location in large diameter pipes and over longer distances. A high sensitivity hydrophone sensor is used coupled with the application of narrow band filtering. The hydrophone is mounted inside the pipe and directly detects the pressure wave in the water.
- Narrow band filtering technique
- High sensitivity hydrophone
- Very low electronic 'noise floor'
- Records acoustic data at night
- Multiple recording 'epochs'
- No costly above ground technology
- Data available at any location via PrimeWeb
- Optimised for leak location over longer distances
- Leaks identifiable in any material pipe, including plastic and large diameter pipes
- Ability to process very low frequency signals
- Infrared and USB communications to ensure rapid operation