ENVEA (ex Environnement S.A) - Model BETA 5M - Continuous Stack Particulate Monitor
Continuous stack particulate monitor by Beta ray attenuation. Exists in two versions : BETA 5M: for Dry process particulate monitoring. BETA 5M/H: for Wet process dust measurements.
Particulate emission monitoring in applications such as :
- Municipal and hazardous waste incinerators
- Large electrical plants
- Paper mills
- Glass industries
- Fertilizer plants
- Sampling probe and all wetted parts made of 316L stainless steel (sampling probe made of Hastelloy for wet applications), thermo regulated at 170°C (140°C for version BETA 5M/H)
- Measurement not affected by particulate size, shape, colour
- Ranges :
- particulate: 2 to 4 000 mg/Nm3
- velocity: 4 to 40 m/s
- Lower detectable limit: 0.1 mg/Nm3
- Accuracy: 10% from 0.1 to 30 mg
- Autonomy: 5 000 measuremetns (approx 6 months)
- Beta gauge assembly: - very low activity Carbon 14 source (1.6 MBq±15%) - Geiger-Müller detector
- Housing : IP55 polyester tight box
- Dim.: 750 x 300 x 750 mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: approx. 60 kg (without probe)
- Operating temperature: -10°C to + 45 °C
Beta gauge determines the concentration of particulates by measuring the amount of energy absorbed by the sample exposed to a radioactive source.
During a sampling cycle previously defined, the particulate are deposited on a band filter. At the end of sampling, the filter containing the dust deposit is exposed to low energy beta gauge radiation. The beta rays are absorbed by collisions with electrons, the number of which is proportional to the particulates density. Absorption is thus a function of the mass of material traversed by the rays, regardless of the physical and chemical nature of the particle, their shape or colour.
- Complies with EN 13284-2. QAL 1 certified.
- Isokinetic sampling in compliance with French NF-X 44052, international ISO 9096 and US EPA (CFR 40, Part 60, Appendix A, Methods 5 & 7) standards
- Mass measurement method in compliance with betra gauge standards NF-X 43017 and ISO 10473 : the measurement is not affected by particulate size or colour changes