ENVEA - Model M-Sens 2 - Online Humidity Measurement Sensor
Microwave sensor for continuous moisture measurement in dry bulk solids. Sensors for continuous moisture measurement and installation on conveyor belts, screw feeder or hoppers. Two types of sensor-technology to cover a wide range of applications. Both sensors penetrate the product for most reliable measurements.
Microwave based sensor for high resolution and accuracy.
- highly resistant to abrasion
- integrated temperature reading
- flow detection function
- Moisture ranges 0 … 65 % (depending on material)
- Measurement accuracy 0.1 %
- Online moisture measurement
- Recording of surface moisture and capillary moisture
- Independent of the material colour
- Temperature-resistant up to 120 °C
- Construction materials
- Building materials
- Power plant
- Material to measure: Dust, powders or granulates
- Place to measure: Screw conveyor, belt conveyor, container, slide, dryer, mixer
- Working principle: Microwave
- Moisture range: 0 to 65% (depending on application)
- Material temperature: Max. 120°C
- Temperaure measurement: Not included
- Mounting: Flange
- ATEX rating: Category 1
- Output: 4…20mA, Modbus, Profibus
- Moisture ranges: 0 – 65 % (depending on material)
- Measurement accuracy: 0.1 %
- Temperatur resistant: up to 120°
- ATEX – certified
- Materials: alls types of dust, powder, granulates and other bulk solids
- Different mounting positions possible
Sensor Technical Data
- Housing: Stainless steel 1.4571
- Sensor surface: Ceramic
- Ex-protection (optional): Zone 20 (Dust), Zone 0 (Gas)
- Protection category: IP 67 according to EN 60529
- Material ambient temperature: 0 … +80 °C, optional 120 °C
- Working pressure: Max. 10 bar
- Power consumption: 0.6 W
- Response time: 0.1 sec
- Weight: Approx. 1000 g
- Measuring range: 0 … 65 % residual moisture
- (depending on material)
- Accuracy: 0.1 % absolutely
- in the calibrated measuring range
- Connection cable: shielded cable 4-wired, 0.25 mm2
The M-Sens 2 was developed to offer maximum flexibility during assembly. The following aspects should be taken into account in the positioning of the probe: The measuring field penetrates the densest materials (e. g. sand). With a minimum depth of 120 mm, the probe should always be directed at the material to avoid reflection problems.
For a simple installation, a standard connection flange is available.
Measurement of material moisture on a conveyor belt. A constant material height is generated by attaching a material skimmer. This offers ideal conditions for an online measurement.
The installation in the lower third of a conveyor screw has the advantage that the material volume that passes over the sensor is almost constant, allowing for an optimal measurement. The movement of the auger flights is hidden.
Free fall pipe
To be able to measure in free fall pipes or inclined pipes (chutes) with the M-Sens 2, it is possible to gather material in front of the probe in the short term, for the duration the measurement, with a catching mechanism. After the measurement, the flap will open again and allows the gathered material to continue to drop. The measuring process can be permanently repeated in short or long intervals according to requirements.