- Highly sensitive (<0.1mg/m³) and rugged instrument for measuring particulate concentrations in wet flues
- High stability even at low concentrations (< 0.1 mg/m³) as well as rugged operation in stacks where emissions exceed 100 mg/m³
- Extensive system self-checks including vaporising chamber and sampling pump, with logging of Zero and Span check data for QAL3 reporting, manual audit functionality
- Modular design to facilitate ease of assembly, servicing and lifting to stack location
- Isokinetic sampling with automatic adjustment to maintain isokinetic conditions (requires input from external flow meter)
- Excellent sensing resolution and sensitivity, due to an increased signal-to-noise ratio
- Reduced cross-sensitivity to changing particle size, allowing a greater range of applications for which the instrument is suitable
- The PCME QAL 182 WS has fully automated self checks (Zero and Span) with a dedicated audit channel for QA data logging. This enables a simplified process for operators to meet QAL3 standards, with the option of PCME’s QAL Reporter PC software for automated QAL3 reporting in full compliance with EN 13284-2
- QAL1 certified to EN 15267-3 (for EN 14181, EN ISO 14956)
- The QAL 182 WS is suitable for:
- After Flue Gas Desulphurisation (FGD) Plant
- After wet scrubber arrestment plant
- Stack below dew point/with water droplets
- Flue gas velocity up to 30 m/s
- Corrosive flue gases (corrosion protection option)
- Variable particulate size
- The QAL 182 WS is used to monitor emissions from the following types of processes:
- Coal and Oil fired power plant with FGD
- Waste incineration plant with wet scrubbers
- Pulp and paper recovery boilers
- Metallurgical and chemical processes with wet scrubbers
- Sugar beat dryers/boilers with high moisture in flue gas
- Particle board and fibre drying
- Second Generation compliance continuous particulate monitor, QAL1 certified against EN15267-3 to meet EN 14181 and other International standards
- Extractive sampling probe with heated line configured for isokinetic or fixed velocity sampling
- Extractive system includes ProScatter technology using a forward scatter PM sensor system
- Easy to use intuitive multi-lingual menu with large display for improved user interface complete with on-board diagnostics and multiple analogue and digital communication outputs
The QAL 182 WS is the second generation of wet flue gas particulate analysers which is built on the large success of the QAL 181 WS. Upgrades to enhance performance, reduce maintenance and manage ever more demanding process applications ensure the QAL 182 WS offers an unrivalled experience in wet flue gas monitoring.
The QAL 182 WS utilises direct extractive heated sampling which can be configured to either extract an isokinetic sample or extract a sample based on a pre-set user-defined velocity. The extracted sample passes directly into a heated vaporising chamber. The sample is superheated and exits into a controlled sample chamber. The ProScatter sensor provides a high accuracy, high resolution measurement meeting ELV’s of 15mg/m3 or less.
Due to the high volumes and large surface area transport system, opportunities for blocking is greatly reduced compared to Dilution systems. The ProScatter forward light scatter sensor minimising effects of changing particle type and refractive index offering reduced sensitivity to variation of particle sizes.
The extracted sample velocity is measured and the speed of the air blower supplying the eductor is varied to reach either an isokinetic or pre-set sampling velocity. The extracted sample is then returned to the stack by the same sampling port.
The system setup, control and display of both the measured particulate and internal diagnostic values is provided by an intuitive, easy-to-use multilingual menu driven display complete with built-in data loggers for added security and an enhanced user experience, providing multiple analogue and digital outputs to PLC, DCS, Scada, and remote PC systems.
- Probe Lengths:
- 600 mm
- 1200 mm (other lengths available on request from PCME)
- PVDF (standard) corrosion resistant, maximum stack temperature 110°C
- Stainless Steel: non-corrosive stacks
- Hastelloy corrosion resistant
- Sample line length: 1.7m between sample probe and analyser
- Stack connection:
- 4 in. 150lb ANSI (PCD: 190.5 mm)
- DN100 PN10/16 (PCD: 180 mm)
- JIS 100-5k, 10k
- Control Unit:
- 230VAC (standard), 3.2kW (115VAC option)
- Interfaces: Modbus RS485, isolated 4-20mA, Ethernet (option)
- Data logging: Simultaneous recording of pulse data (for arrestment plant cleaning diagnostics), short term data (for process control), and long term data (for external emissions reporting), with dedicated QAL3 channel for logging of Zero & Span check data for compliance monitoring
- Icon driven, multilingual menus for intuitive user interface, advanced graphical display and QA screens)
- 778 x 640 x 365 mm main enclosure, 120kg fully assembled
The PCME QAL 182 WS uses an advanced ProScatter™ forward light scatter sensor which is certified by TUV and MCERTS as QAL1 compliant.
With certification ranges covering both 0-15mg/m³ and 0-100mg/m³, the sensor is suitable for monitoring the highly abated emissions found after Flue Gas Desulphurisation plant (FGD). The instrument is able to monitor saturated flue gas which is critical for the application of monitoring emissions from a coal fired power plant fitted with a wet FGD system and meets the requirements of PS-11 and EN 14181.