Environics - Model Series 4000 - Multi-Component Gas Mixing System
The system consists of two components: the Series 4000 instrument and the user's personal computer. The user interface is a Microsoft Windows application that communicates with the Environics system via an RS232 serial interface.
The Series 4000 consists of a single chassis supporting up to eight mass flow controllers. The mass flow controllers are factory calibrated using a primary flow standard traceable to the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Each flow controller utilizes an 11 point calibration table with linear interpolation, to increase accuracy and reduce flow controller nonlinearity.
- Simultaneously mixes up to three gases in a balance gas at user set concentrations.
- Allows multi-point calibration of analyzers.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows.
- Internally-stored Mass Flow Controller calibration tables .
- Modular design allows for additional gas circuits to be added.
- User definable cylinder library allows for easy selection of frequently used gas cylinders. Each cylinder may contain an unlimited number of component gases, with automatic K-factor calculation.
The Series 4000 has three basic modes of operation.
- Concentration Mode
Allows user to create a blend by entering target gas concentrations for each source gas cylinder, and the desired total output flow for the mix.
- Flow Mode
Allows user to specify the flow rate of each gas cylinder.
- Program/Schedule Modes
Provides the ability to program the instrument for unattended operation. Programs can be recalled and run in any sequence, at various times/dates.
- Purge Modes
Provides the ability to purge all plumbing to preserve the unit
Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow Repeatability: 0.05%
Warm up time: 30 minutes
* Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
Gas connections: 1/4' Swagelok (or compatible fitting)
Operating Pressures (flow dependent)
Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
Maximum: 75 psig (5.04 Bar)
Tubing: Electropolished 316 Stainless Steel
MFCs: Stainless Steel
(Optional: Kalrez, Buna-N, Neoprene, Metal)
32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)
15° - 35° F
2 MFC System: 18 lbs.
4 MFC System: 23 lbs.
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17' x 7' x 15'
(43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
Rack: 19' x 7' x 15'
(48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
12 Bit A/D and D/A Conversion
RS232 Serial interface
Environics Instrument Control Software (supplied on CD-ROM)
IBM PC or compatible
Microsoft Windows 3.1 (or higher)
(Compatible with Windows 95/98/XP/7/8/10)
8 MB RAM
10 MB Hard Disk Space
Viton and Kalrez are registered trademarks of Dupont Dow Elastomers
- Additional input ports (up to 7)
- Additional MFC's (up to 8)