Environics - Model Series 6103 - Ozone Transfer Standard / Multi-Gas Calibrator
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a backlit 4 line by 20 character liquid crystal display. The instrument may also be remotely operated using contact closures or the RS-232 serial data interface, both are standard in the Series 6103.
NEW! Learn more about the Expanded Communication Capability of the Environics Ambient Calibrators!
The mass flow controllers are calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. The calibration data consists of a comparison of desired versus actual flow over the full dynamic range of the instrument with linear interpolation between points. Calibration data is stored in non-volatile memory and may be updated by the user with a suitable standard.
The internal ultra-violet (UV) based ozone generator is temperature controlled and includes a precision photo-optical feedback circuit to compensate for lamp aging effects providing stable ozone generation. The ozone generator is factory calibrated using a NIST traceable photometer standard.
- User-friendly interactive software with plain language prompts is simple to use, reducing technician training time and virtually eliminating error.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows based on commanded concentration eliminates the need for manual computation and allows rapid transition from point to point.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration. Mass flow controllers are factory calibrated at 11 points.
- Internally-stored ozone generator calibration data insures linear, repeatable ozone generation without photometer control. Ozone generator performance meets U.S. EPA criteria for ozone transfer standards. The ozone generator is factory calibrated at 3 points (up to 11 points are available).
- Ozone generator pressure compensation ensures repeatable and stable ozone generation at pressures other than the original calibration pressure. This is only important when the system is being used without the photometer closed-loop control.
- The internal photometer measures the actual amount of ozone generated, and corrects for errors, using closed-loop PID control.
- The photometer allows an external source of ozone to be analyzed and displayed on the screen. The external ozone is connector to a separate sample port, allowing for simultaneous gas blending while monitoring the external ozone source.
- An automated leak test function is available to determine if the system has any internal leaks. Leaks are detected based on pressure decay.
- Concentration mode: In response to software prompting, user selects gas port, span (cylinder) gas concentration, output gas flow (total) and output gas concentration. Series 6103 automatically delivers concentrations at the total flow specified.
- Generate Ozone: Allows user to specify, then generate a precise concentration of ozone.
- Photometer: Allows an external source of ozone to be analyzed and displayed on the screen. Also allows user to control the ozone generator when PID control loop is enabled.
- Gas Phase Titration: Utilizes blend and generate ozone routines to lead user through GPT using 'excess NO' method.
- Flow Mode: Allows user to manually command a desired rate of flow for each mass flow controller, individually or together, and with or without ozone.
- Display: Allows user to monitor flow rates for each mass flow controller separately. Also provides ozone oven, pressure and photometer diagnostic information.
- Maintain Ports: User enters the name of the span gas in the source cylinder, its concentration (ppm) and the port to which the cylinder is connected.
Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow Repeatability: ± 0.05% F.S.O.
Warm up time: 30 minutes
* Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 25°C (77°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg)
Concentration Range: 0.02 - 0.5 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
Optional Ranges: 0.05 - 1.0 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
Repeatability: ±1 ppb
Linearity: 0.3% F.S.O.
Noise: ±1 ppb
Precision: 1 ppb
Balance: External 1/4' Swagelok*
Span(s): External 1/4' Swagelok*
One external 1/4' Swagelok*
*(or compatible fitting)
Operating Pressures at inlets (flow dependent)
Minimum: 20 psig (1.38 Bar)
Nominal: 25 psig (1.72 Bar)
Maximum: 30 psig (2.07 Bar)
MFCs: Stainless Steel
Glass Chambers: Pyrex®
32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
Performance Temperature Range
59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
Weight: 27 lbs.
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17' x 7' x 15'
Rack: 19' x 7' x 15'
(Optional: 19' x 7' x 24' or 17' x 7' x 24')
Voltage: 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Current: 2 Amps (maximum)
Front panel keypad
RS-232 serial data interface
I/O control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
RS-232 serial data interface
I/O Control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
Additional MFC (maximum of three total)
Extra Gas Inlets