- Long-lasting pH control and adjustment of aquifers for enhanced bioremediation and metals immobilization
- A safe, easy-to-use, long-lasting colloidal buffer that can be mixed with any EOS emulsifed oil product or used alone
- Long-term pH adjustment
- Minimized risk of overshooting pH
- Can be combined with EOS oils and EOSQR
- Ships in small containers
- Easily diluted with water in the field
CoBupHMg’s patented formulation provides:
- Equilibrium pH of ~10 in a 10:1 dilution (DI water:CoBupHMg), minimizing the risk of overshooting the pH by buffer addition
- Micron scale, negatively charged particles promote distribution from the injection point
- Can be used in combination with our emulsified oil products.
Parameter : Value
- Alkaline Colloidal Suspension Concentrate: CoBupHMg : Typical
- Alkaline Buffer (% by wt.) : 45
- Dispersant (% by wt.) : 1
- Stabilizer (% by wt.) : 0.5
- Density (g/ml) : 1.37
- pH (Standard Units) – 10:1 Dilution (DI Water:CoBupHMg) : 10
- Mean Particle Size (µm) : 0.6
- OH- Equivalence (eq OH- per lb. CoBupHMg) : 7 +/- 0.5
Shipped in 5-gallon pails (50 lbs.)
Handling & Storage
CoBupHMg is shipped as a ready-to-use concentrated suspension of alkaline solids that can be easily diluted with water in the field. CoBupHMg has a low viscosity and is amenable to pumping with commonly available pumps. Before dilution, agitate to ensure product is adequately mixed. Dilution ratios typically range from 1:1 to 4:1 (water: CoBupHMg) depending on site conditions; CoBupHMg injections should be followed with additional chase water to maximize distribution.
For best performance, use CoBupHMg within 60 days of delivery and store at a temperature of 40°F (4°C) to 100°F (38°C). For best performance, use EOS 450 within 60 days of delivery and store at a temperature between 40°F (4°C) to 100°F (38°C).