EOSZVI - Model ZVI - Water-Mixable Oil and Zero Valent Iron (ZVI)
EOSZVI is a patent-pending water-mixable vegetable oil based organic substrate with the highest concentration of micron-scale zero valent iron (ZVI) available. This unique product combines the proven reactivity of ZVI with a long lasting source of electron donor for enhanced in situ anaerobic, abiotic, and biotic remediation. EOSZVI is shipped as a waterless concentrate; simply add water in the field to instantly create an injection-ready solution.
- Ideal for DNAPL sites
- Quickly reduces ORP of aquifers
- Highest ratio of ZVI to carbon on the market; greater than 1:1
- Employs the proven EOS technology
- Larger droplet size for greater oil retention
- Excellent for barrier and fractured rock applications
- Can be used with other EOS products
- Carbonyl iron particle size average 3-4μm
Domestic supply made in the USA with US farmed soybeans.
Water-mixable vegetable oil based substrate containing 50% microscale carbonyl iron, soy bean oil, surfactant and stabilizer, providing a long-lasting source for anerobic remediation of DNAPL.
- Waterless concentrate, easy to use formulation
- Effective on DNAPL
- Abiotic and biotic pathways for recalcitrant contaminants
- Highest iron to carbon ratio on the market; greater than 1:1
Chemical & Physical Properties
Oil Concentrate: EOSZVI: Typical
- Micron-scale Carbonyl Iron (ZVI) (% by wt.): 50
- Stabilizer (% by wt.): 2
- Refined and Bleached US Soybean Oil (% by wt.): 41
- Slow Release Organics (% by wt.): 7
- Specific Gravity: ~1.6
- Viscosity (cP): 2,350
- Organic Carbon (% by wt.): 48
- Shipped in 5-gallon pails (net 50 lbs. each), 55-gallon drums or 275-gallon IBC totes.
Handling & Storage
- EOSZVI is shipped as concentrated oil and iron slurry that is diluted with water in the field to prepare a solution for easy injection. EOSZVI can be distributed with commonly available pumps. Dilution ratios for EOSZVI typically range from 1:1 to 5:1 (water: EOSZVI) depending on site conditions. EOSZVI injections should be followed with additional chase water to maximize distribution of EOSZVI into the formation.
- EOSZVI as shipped, has a shelf-life of ≥ 2 years depending on storage conditions.