Eijkelkamp - Model 01.11.SE - Ergonomic Hand Auger Set for Heterogeneous Soils - 5 M
The ergonomic hand auger set for heterogeneous soils is used to carry out manual drilling and sampling in a great variety of different soils in an ergonomically sound way. It is particularly suitable for general soil investigation (description of the layering, geology, archaeology) as well as taking samples for such activities as environmental research. It can carry out drillings to a depth of 5 metres, depending on the depth of the groundwater, the build-up of the soil and the nature of the material to be drilled into. For every type of soil above or under the groundwater table there is an auger type that is specifically suited to that situation. During the drilling process changes can be made from one type of auger to another without any problems.
- Always works at the right height
- Less wear and tear for wrist, elbow, shoulders
- Less torque required (longer handles)
- Ratchet system so no full turns necessary
- Turns clock and anti-clockwise
- Range of auger bodies copes with all soils
- Quick check water levels with level sounder
- More complicated compared to simple handle
- No piston sampler in set
- Allow equipment to air-dry after use
Extensions can be added to the soil drilling system adding 50 cm with each additonal piece, which is also the difference in height of the working area.
- eight and the height setting have been improved.
- A so-called ‘halt knob’ has been added that acts as a ‘stop’ making it impossible to drill too low to the ground.
- The T-handle has been extended and its grip points for exerting the force have been put in a different place with the result that the user does not have to exert as much force on the handle.
- A ratchet system and rounded ends to the handle have been added. This puts the wrists of the user into a more neutral position while twisting and turning the auger.
- It allows drilling near other objects.
- The square tubing is easy to adjust and is therefore more comfortable for the user.
- Universal bayonet connection.
- Soil profile description and classification
- Soil sampling above groundwater table
- Soil sampling below groundwater table
- Archaeological soil research
- Environmental soil research
Maximum sample depth
iron, other material
120 x 65 x 30 cm