EvoLogics - Model S2C R 48/78 - WiSE Underwater Acoustic Modem
S2CR 48/78 White Line Science Edition (WiSE) underwater acoustic modem provides extra features for developers: it has an embeddedfirmware sandbox. This open environment for network protocol developers offers a flexible framework for testing new network protocols: the sandbox eliminates the need to interface each node of the test network to a dedicated PC for running code. Scripts and other programs can be run directly on the WiSE underwater acoustic modem - on real hardware in real-world conditions.
The S2CR 48/78 WiSE modem with a horizontally omnidirectional transducer beam pattern is a high-speed device for communication in reverberant shallow waters, providing data transfer rates up to 31.2 kbit/s over a 1000 m range. High operating frequency ensures great performance even in noisy environments.
The EvoLogics WiSE toolchain allows to build custom firmware modules for S2C modems and opens endless opportunities for new implementations.
Tcl/expect, a tool for automating interactive applications, is pre-installed in the WiSE sandbox.
Following development frameworks can be installed in the sandbox:
- DESERT framework, an NS-Miracle extension to DEsign, Simulate, Emulate and Realize Test-beds for Underwater network protocols.
- EviNS, a framework for development of underwater acoustic sensor networks and positioning Systems.
- Underwater network protocol development
- Short-range operations in shallow waters
- High speed communication tasks
- Data link for AUVs and ROVs
- Underwater acoustic sensor networks