F&J ECONOAIR - Model L-5PTR - Premium Personal Air Sampler
The F&J ECONOAIR Premium L-5PTR personal air sampler consists of a pump contained in a high impact steel fiber filled Lexan, antistatic and RFI/EMI-shielded case, exclusive electronic circuit board for constant flow control (patent pending), an LCD display with 2 lines of 16 characters, a single diaphragm pump mechanism and a rechargeable NiMH battery pack. The L-5PTR can be programmed for timing routine activated sampling and allows the operator to select a reference T and P flow rate or flow rate at ambient conditions of T and P.
The purpose of this pump is to draw air contaminants in through a sampling media such as 25 and 37 mm filter cassettes, bubble impingers, long-duration color detector tubes; to gauge personnel exposure to gases, vapors, particulates, aerosols, etc. The operator can select to report flow rates and volumes to ambient conditions or to a Reference Temperature and Pressure. No tools are required to operate this pump and a password protected keypad locking system provides uninterrupted operation. The main display allows quick selection To RUN (for sampling) or MENU (to reset pumps data).
Other features include elapsed time, flow rate and accumulated volume. The built in timer counts down the sampling time up to 40 hours and automatically turns the pump off. All data is saved and cleared for next sample under the MENU “Clear All Data” option.
- Runs 20 hours @ 2.0 LPM (37 mm 0.8μ filter)
- Increased back pressure capability, up to 50” of w.c. @ 2 LPM
- Accuracy: ± 5% of compensation range
- High backpressure capable for 25 mm 0.45μ asbestos filters
- Flow compensation for filter plugging and battery voltage
- Dual flow range easily handles Impingers, cyclones and tubes
- “Auto-restart” within one minute of a flow fault
- Two-hour rechargeable single pack batteries and optional extended run with use of triple packs
- Battery pack rechargeable while attached or separately
- Compact, rugged and quiet
- Stainless steel belt clip with built-in tripod connector
- Key pad lock system
- Timing routine activated sampling
- Correction of flow rates and volumes to a Reference Temperature and Pressure