F&J - Model DF-PM10D - Digital High Volume Air Monitoring System
The DF-PM10D high volume PM10 Air Sampling System is designed for remote unattended continuous air sampling applications. The DF-PM10D Air Sampler features a brushless motor with electronic motor speed control that maintains a user selectable flow rate. The flow rate range attainable through the filter media is dependent upon the air porosity of the 20.3 cm × 25.4 cm (8” × 10”) filter media. The DF-PM10D design accommodates rapid field service and component replacement.
The basic components of the system are assembled in a modular fashion so that each component can be readily and independently removed for service. The DF-PM10D system can easily be converted to a TSP system with the proper accessories.
For durability and weather resistance, the system is housed in a freestanding powder coated epoxy finished aluminum enclosure. The sample air is drawn into the size selective inlet head from a full 360° radius and is exhausted near the bottom of the enclosure. The locking swing door on the enclosure provides convenient access for servicing the equipment inside.
The electronic flow control measurement sub-system of the DF-PM10D air sampler provides a corrected flow measurement to a reference T and P or ambient conditions. The air flow is measured by a precisionmachined differential pressure sensor. The controller can be set to a maximum sampling flow rate up to ~100 CFM (~170 m3/hr) depending on the filter paper air resistance. The bright LED readout displays multiple air sampling information including current flow rate, current elapsed sample time and totalized volume. The DF-PM10D model utilizes an 20.3×25.4 cm (8”×10”) filter media.
- Size selective inlet (<10 micron cut size)
- Display in English or metric units set at factory
- Choices of flow/volume units:
- SLPM SL
- SCMH SCM
- SCFM SCF
- State of the Art microprocessor electronics
- Automatic Flow Control
- Auto Shut-off on time or volume
- Flow rate and volume totalizations displayed are corrected to a factory settable Reference Temperature and Pressure
- Elapsed time meter
- Standard 8”×10” (20.3 cm×25.4cm) filter holder
- Bright LED display
- Flow rate accuracy within ± 4.0% F.S.
- RS-232 Communication Port w/Operator selectable download frequency for real-time data
- 100 – 120 VAC, 50/60Hz; single phase
- Performance: Basic components of the system are modular and independently serviceable. Sample flow rate can be set to a maximum
- of ~100 CFM (~170 m3/hr). Filter holder is a 20.3×25.4 cm (8”×10”) diameter standard.
- Technology: Microprocessor controlled state-of-the-art electronics
- Operating Temperature Range: -20ºF to 122ºF (-29ºC to 50ºC)
- Typical Flow Rate Range: ~100 CFM (~170 m3/hr) (Depending on filter paper and air resistance)
- Motor: Brushless: 1.5 H.P. (1100 Watt) motor with electronic motor speed control
- Power: 100-120VAC; 50/60Hz; 25 amperes; single phase.
- Housing: Powder coat painted aluminum Locking swing door with key
- Dimensions: 74.5”H x 28”W x 28”D (186 cm H × 71.1cm W × 71.1cm Depth)
- Weight: Approximately 138 lbs. (62.7 kg)
- Shipping Weight: Approximately 190 lbs. (86.4 kg)
- Installation Category: Pollution Degree 3
- Enclosure Rating: IPX3
- Automatic Flow Control: The system microprocessor monitors flow rate relative to the preset STP flow rate established during the setup procedure and electronically adjusts the electronic motor speed adjustment, if necessary, to maintain the flow within ± 4.0% of setting. The microprocessor computes the STP flow rate by correcting for temperature and pressure of the actual flow rate to one of four user selectable reference T and P standards.
- Temperature of air flow through system
- Inlet pressure to the flow sensor
- Differential Pressure of the flow sensor
- Totalized volume, STP
- Current flow rate, STP
- Elapsed time
Factory Settable Reference T and P
- Classical STP 0ºC, 1 Atm
- Normal T and P 20ºC, 1 Atm
- Modified Normal T and P 70ºF, 1 Atm
- Standard Ambient T and P 25ºC, 1 Atm
Other System Features:
- Automatic shut off of system on totalized volume or elapsed time
- RS-232 port for real-time data download
- Utilization of 20.3×25.4 cm (8”×10”) filter media
- Bright LED display
- Automatic flow control
- Data Storage Device (P/N: 232FCDSD)
- 2 GB Secure Digital Card (P/N: 372239)
- Flash card Reader (P/N: SDDR-199-A20)