RLE’s FMS Facilities Monitoring System is a comprehensive monitoring system commonly used to monitor sensitive facilities, critical equipment status and temperature, and environmental sensors. Feature-rich and budget friendly, the FMS is currently used in data centers, labs, telecommunications facilities, museums, and many other facilities around the world.Looking for maximum versatility and expandability, all in a reliable, easily-accessible, budget friendly package? The Falcon Facility Monitoring System (FMS) is the system for you.
- What sets the FMS apart in the marketplace? Ease of integration is a great place to start.
Designed to be vendor neutral, the FMS aggregates information from a wide variety of sensors and equipment and then displays it through an onboard web interface. Does your facility have a larger BMS? No problem – the FMS also allows aggregated data to be pulled to other systems, all without additional servers or software.
- If your data’s valuable, and if reduced downtime is a priority, then you’ll appreciate the FMS’s reliability.
The FMS is engineered without any internal moving parts – no hard drive, no fans. This means no downtime, no lost data, and no scheduled maintenance.
- Finally, the FMS is a self-contained solution.
It stores and displays all its own data and hosts its own web pages; you won’t need to buy additional servers or install software on your PC. Great onboard features include data trending and extended logging, interactive graphical facility mapping, PUE/DCiE monitoring, and nesting, which allows one FMS to report conditions from a large collection of related FMS units.
- Stand-alone, Web-enabled appliance hosts its own web pages
- Provides one integrated view of all facility equipment
- Use a web browser to configure the system and view data
- Stores and displays its own data – no additional servers or software required
- No recurring fees or setup fees
- No internal moving parts, like hard drives or fans
- No downtime, no lost data
- Third-party sensor friendly
- Vendor neutral
- Highly scalable
- Accommodates digital, analog, Modbus, and SNMP inputs
- Provides Modbus, BACnet, and SNMP output
- Multiple notification paths – SNMP traps, email, SMS/PDA
- Support for SNMP V1, V2, and (optional) V3
- 1U FMS: available as 24VDC or 48VDC – 24VDC Model: 24VDC (±10%), 1A max., power supply included; 48VDC Model: 36-72VDC, 0.5A max.
- 2U FMS: available as 24VDC or 48VDC – 24VDC Model: 24VDC (±10%), 2.5A max., power supply included; 48VDC Model: 36-72VDC, 1.25A max.
- Analog/Digital: 8 Configurable as 4-20mA (12-bit A/D conversion) or Dry Contact NO/NC
- Internal Temperature/Humidity: ±0.5ºF (@ 25ºC), ±4ºF (@ -40º to 185ºF); ±3%RH (@ 20% to 80%RH); (Internal Temperature/Humidity optional)
- Keypad: Standard 3×4; 3000VAC RMS optically isolated; 20 User Access Codes (also accessible via phone/DTMF through modem)
- Relay: 2 Dry Contact, Form C, 1A @ 24VDC, 0.5A resistive @ 120VAC (controllable via user programmable logic)
- Sensor/Accessory Power: 24VDC (±10%) @ 300mA max. (power for external sensors and/or devices)
1U accommodates 1 expansion card; 2U accommodates up to 4 expansion cards
24V Falcon requires EXP-x-24 option cards; 48V Falcon requires EXP-x-48 option cards
- EXP-A-24/48: 12 analog inputs (jumper selectable for 4-20mA, 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC) or digital normally open dry contact inputs (normally open ONLY!; non-isolated, individual ground only); 8 Form C Relay Outputs, 1A @ 24VDC, 0.5A resistive @ 120VAC. 48V FMS can accept only 1 EXP-A-24/48 card.
- EXP-C-24 or EXP-C-48: 24 digital normally open or normally closed dry contact inputs, 3000VAC RMS optically isolated (common ground or individual ground)
- Ethernet: (RJ11 Telco; optional) 10/100BaseT, RJ45 connector; 500VAC RMS isolation
- RS-232: DB9 female connector; 9600 baud; 3000VAC RMS optically isolated; 15kV ESD protection
- EIA-485 (selectable as RS-232): Two-wire half duplex; terminal block (selecting RS-232 switches to DB9 male connector); 1200, 2400, or 9600 baud configurable; 3000VAC RMS optically isolated
- Modem: V.34bis/33.6 kbps; DTMF capable; PPP-enabled; FCC Part 68 approved; 1500VAC RMS isolation barrier; 2100V peak surge protection)
- TCP/IP; UDP/IP; ICMP/IP; FTP; NTP; HTTP/HTML; SNPP; Telnet: IPv4; 1.1/4.0; up to 10 URL links to other IP addressable cameras/devices; webpages comply with Rehabilitation Act of 1973, sections 504 and 508, US Dept. of Education (website accessibility for computer users with disabilities).
- SNMP: V1: MIB-2 compliant; NMS Manageable with Get, Set, and Traps; V2c: Traps or Informs
- SMTP (email): Supports Client Authentication (plain and login); compatible with ESMTP Servers
- Modbus: RTU transmission protocol; function codes: slave – 03; master – 01,02,03,04
- Modbus/IP: Modbus Slave; TCP/IP transmission protocol; Reads up to 628 registers and converts to SNMP and BACnet
- BACnet/IP: Reads up to 106 instances and converts to SNMP and Modbus
- Terminal Emulation: VT100 compatible
- TAP (Pager): Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol v1.8
- Pager (Modem) – Optional: 15 text, numeric, or alphanumeric pager numbers; each digital and analog alarm (HighLimit and LowLimit) can notify any 5 of the 15 pagers
- Email (Ethernet, Modem PPP): 8 email recipients; email sent on Alarm and Return To Normal; each alarm can notify any or all of the 8 email recipients
- SNMP Traps (Ethernet): V1 and V2c: 8 Community Strings; V3 (optional): 4 users, 4 Trap Destinations
- Escalation: Additional notification to 1 of the 15 pager numbers when the initial page results in a Failure To Acknowledge status
Health Check/Self-Monitoring: Self resetting; captured in Event Log
- Real Time Clock: Battery backed; ±1.53 min/month accuracy
- Memory: 16MB RAM; 128K NVRAM; 16MB Flash
- Alarm Log: Last 256 Alarms
- Event Log: Last 100 Events (e.g., Acknowledgement By Code, System Boot, Page Successful, etc.)
- Web User Access Log: Last 100 HTML Accesses (User, Date, and Time)
- Digital Status Log: Last 100 Digital Status entries
- Trending of Analog Inputs: 244 entries per time frame, per channel. High, low, and average values logged over specific minutes, hours, and days.
- Extended Trending (Analog Inputs): 3,840 entries over 32 inputs, physical or over Modbus. Logging at defined, user-selectable intervals.
- Web Browser Access (Ethernet, Modem PPP): 1 Administrator plus 7 users individually selectable for Read Only, Read/Write or Administrator
- Terminal Emulation Access (Modem): 1 Administrator (password for Modem access)
Front Panel Interface: 1 on/off power switch. Red and green LEDs indicate status, network link, network activity, and modem activity
- Operating temperature: 32° to 158°F (0° to 70°C).
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Altitude: 15,000ft (4,572m) max.
- Storage temperature: -40º to 185ºF (-40º to 85ºC)
Dimensions and Weight
- 1U FMS: 16.8″W x 1.8″H x 7.9″D (427mmW x 46mmH x 201mmD); 6 lbs. (2.72kg)
- 2U FMS: 16.8″W x 3.5″H x 7.9″D (427mmW x 89mmH x 201mmD); 10 lbs. (4.54kg)
Mounting: Rack mount or wall mount (brackets required for wall mount): WMB wall mount brackets (not included)
Certifications: CE; ETL listed: conforms to UL 61010A-1, EN 61010; certified to CAN/CSA C22.2 NO. 1010.1; RoHS compliant