Federal - Resin Trap
Federal Screen offers a complete range of resin trap styles to suit virtually any application. All are available in a full range of construction materials with a variety of connecting flanges and housings. Federal Screen resin traps provide a high percentage of open area thus minimizing pressure loss through the system. Your resin trap can be designed to suit either new or existing strainer bodies.
Easy to Maintain
Our resin traps provide a high percentage of open area which minimizes pressure loss through the system. Resin traps can be designed to suit either new or existing strainer bodies or piping. In many systems, a failure can allow media to escape from the main treatment vessel. The design incorporates a screen element which is easily removed for servicing.
For heavier applications, (i.e. extreme line pressure) larger wedge wires can be used and length can be adjusted. Typical materials of construction would be type 304 or 316 stainless steel for the screen element and the housing, or for severe conditions, we suggest that a high nickel alloy such as C-276 be considered throughout.
Benefits of our resin traps include:
- Continuous slot design provides increased open area. Minimal pressure-drop
- Stronger and more durable
- Prevents mass resin/media loss into piping distribution system
- Wide range of profiled wire are available to suit most applications
- Non-clogging: the continuous slot formed by the V-shaped surface wires ensures a two-point contact between the particles and the slot, which minimizes clogging.
- Surface filtration: the V-shaped surface wires allow easy cleaning by back flushing.
- Less expensive than other screen of equal efficiency
- Ensures against complete loss of media in the event of a failure
- Great solution for protection against downstream pumping equipment