Fermentation & Harvest Plants
Vogelbusch designs and delivers process plants for the upstream process.
- Media preparation
- batch tanks for media preparation, with attached sterilization or media filtration (deep bed filtration, bioburden reduction with 0.2 µm filter)
- Media storage and filling (bags)
- Bioreactors for microbial fermentation, suspension culture of mammalian cells, culture of adherent animal cells on microcarriers.
- Bioreactor technologies:
- Microbial fermentation - batch, fed batch
- Cell culture - batch, fed batch, continuously with perfusion (recovery of cell-free culture supernatants), dialysis fermenters (Removal of growth/product formation-inhibiting by products from the fermentation medium)
- Harvest: Cell separation by microfiltration or other separation techniques for recovery of biomass or the cell-free culture supernatant. High-pressure homogenizers for cell disruption (processes with microbial fermentation
- Pilot plants for clinical batch production
- Multiline fermentation plants with growing, preculturing, and production bioreactors
Areas of application:
Microbial fermentation: production of active pharmaceutical ingredients with recombinant microorganisms, production of enzymes and hormones
Cell culture: production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (enzymes and hormones), production of monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic and diagnostic applications, production of virus vaccines.