Fisher Labs - Model FX-3 - Ferro-Magnetic Metal Detector
The Fisher FX-3 Ferro Probe senses fluctuations in the earth's magnetic field caused by buried survey markers, pipes, well casings, valves, iron relics, septic tanks and other ferromagnetic (iron or steel) objects. Because it's a differential-induction magnetometer, the FX-3 locates buried iron objects far beyond the reach of ordinary (search-coil-type) metal detectors. Like other Fisher detectors, the FX-3 is easy to operate-just turn it on and go. It weighs just 2 1/2 lbs. (1. 14 kg) and features motion detection (the tube probe must be moving to detect a target). When the FX-3's two sensors come across a large, ferrous object, the FX-3 signal tone increases in pitch and volume.
When the FX-3 probe is directly over the target, the signal becomes silent and picks up again when moved past the target. The FX-3 is extremely sensitive to iron with a large surface area, highly magnetized objects and long objects buried vertically. Large or small, if it's ferrous, the FX-3 is designed to find it. In addition to its industrial uses, the FX-3 can be used by archeologists and treasure hunters to find iron relics and other buried ferrous artifacts.
- Detects only ferromagnetic metals (iron, steel, or magnets).
- Locates survey markers and other buried iron objects.
- Simple one knob operation
- Advanced solid-state electronics
- Rugged, lightweight, and balanced
- Built-in speaker, headphone jack
- Low cost, low maintenance
- Powered by single 9V battery
- Waterproof probe
- Hard shell carruing case included
- 5-Year Warranty
- Battery: One 9-volt transistor
- Battery Life: Carbon Zinc 25 hours, Alkaline 35 hours
- Operating Environment: OF to 122F (-18C to 50C)
- Waterproof Length: 36 inches (91 cm)
- Output Indication Audio: 2 1/4-inch dia. speaker or headphones
- Weight: 2 1/2 lbs. (1. 1 4 kg)
- Length: 42 1/4 inches (95 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs. (4 kg) including carrying case
- Shipping Dimensions: 5 x 6 x 45 1/2 inches (12.7x15.2x115.5 cm)