The problem: The food chain produces a lot of waste material which needs managing. Traditional ways of dealing with this waste are not sustainable. The increasing pressure on landfill sites is driving the cost of waste management up. Hauling this waste from the point of production to centralised facilities adds cost and increases the carbon footprint of the waste.
The solution: Flexibuster: The multi-award winning technology from SEaB energy that can be delivered to site ready for plug-and-play installation, and which turns your organic waste into energy right at the point where the waste is generated and the energy is required.
Flexibuster has been designed to provide a logical and sustainable way of capturing the energy that remains in food waste. Instead of paying for this waste to be taken away and processed somewhere else, why not turn that waste into free energy and heat on-site? Our containerised anaerobic digesters (AD) are fully automated and remotely monitored. You tip your food waste into the mouth at one end and simply leave the rest to Flexibuster. State-of-the-art sensors and controls will automatically prepare this material for digestion and control the flow of the material through the system.
Our patented process extracts maximum energy from the waste stream in the form of Biogas which is then used to fuel a CHP engine to provide electricity and heat. Because of the built-in pasteurisation process, Flexibuster can process a wide range of feed-stocks in a completely safe, odour free environment.
- Turns food waste into energy
- Small scale: Handles between 500kg and 3000kg per day
- Cost – effective renewable energy generation and waste management
- Short pay-back period
- Modular design
- Rapid install
- Remote monitoring
- Low maintenance, rugged and reliable design
Our Technology & Benefit
Turns organic waste into energy
- Reduces energy costs on site
- Reduces the cost of waste disposal
- Reduces the amount of organic waste going to landfill
- Reduces carbon emissions
- Viable for smaller scale operations
- You can have your own waste to energy plant
- De-centralises energy generation
- No need to haul waste to remote handling facility
Containerised and modular
- Delivered to site plug-and- play ready
- Can easily be scaled up or down
- Can be installed in days rather than months
- Can be re-located
- Planning and permitting are simplified
- Generates free electricity
- Generates free heat
- Saves on waste management
- Qualifies as a carbon reducing technology;earns FIT income where applicable
- Produces high quality fertiliser as a by-products