From Evaporation Control
High evaporation rates in some regions along with the cost of water for irrigation make floating covers a great investment to reduce water loss by evaporation.
FLOATEC® floating covers provide the following benefits:
- Stops water loss by evaporation.
- Reduce the concentration of salts in the water thus improving crop growth.
- Prevents plugging of filters by dust and suspended solids and algae growth.
- Reduces energy consumption used in the subsequent processes of water filtration.
- Allows installation of flexible photovoltaic blankets for the production of electricity.
- Reduces ageing and maintenance costs of the lagoon waterproof base.
- High tensile strength, tear and puncture.
- High impact resistance at low temperatures.
- Excellent resistance to cracking and environmental chemical agents.
- Outstanding resistance to UV, ozone and oxidation.
- Low water vapor permeability and absorption of water.
- High resistance to bacterial degradation.
- It is certified to be in contact with Drinking water following ANSI/NSF-61 standard.