FloorVent - Under-Floor Ventilation System
The FloorVent system has been used with grain at up to 12m deep in a floor store and 9m deep in hopper bottomed bins. In addition to grain depth, an allowance should be made for the under-floor pipe length between the FloorVent unit and the location of the fan on the outside wall. The system has been proven to work very effectively with this distance at 12m. Different combinations of grain depth and under-floor pipe length, not exceeding a total of 24m, would also give similar results.
Why is the Pile-Dry FloorVent System easier and cheaper to install than traditional under-floor duct methods?
- With the FloorVent system there is no requirement to prepare re-inforced concrete channels and install metal louvred ventilation strips in the store floor.
- A simple trench containing a conventional solid wall drainage pipe and then filled in is all that is required. The floor can then be laid and skimmed much more quickly and easily.
- Much of the preparatory work for FloorVent installation can be completed using standard materials sourced from building merchants, which can greatly reduce installation costs.
- Ideal for new floors and new stores, hopper bottomed bins and silos
- Suited to very deep grain, up to 12m
- Easier overhead filling
- Vents hot air directly outside the building
- Easier and cheaper to install than under-floor ducts
- More efficient, localised cooling than under-floor ducts
- Installed using standard building materials