FlumeGate - Combined Flow Measurement and Control Gate
The FlumeGate is a combined flow measurement and control gate designed to regulate flow in open channels. Accurate flow measurement, precise flow control, power supply and radio telecommunications are fully integrated in a single device.
The FlumeGate can be operated as a stand-alone unit, or can coordinate with other gates along the channel to optimise the whole network’s flow. In free-flow or submerged conditions, flow is calculated from the gate’s own measurements of upstream water level, downstream water level and gate position.
It can be managed and monitored on-site or operated remotely when connected to a SCADA network.
The FlumeGate is ideal for
- Headgates or regulating structures requiring low headloss and high accuracy
- Gate modernisation projects (more cost-effective than automating an existing gate)
- Remote locations without AC power
- Highly corrosive environments including salt water
- Maintaining channel diversions or upstream water levels
- Measuring flow in canal-to-siphon applications
- Overshot design for better water level control
- Flow calculations and control software built-in
- Ultrasonic water level measurement
- Solar-charged or AC charged battery system
- SCADA ready communication system
- Robust high duty cycle operation
- Optional walkways with handrails for staff safety
FlumeGate control capabilities
The FlumeGate automatically controls the flow of water by varying the gate position based on a desired set-point or on irrigation demand as shown in the table below.
* Network control is only available when used with other Rubicon gates and Rubicon’s NeuroFlo® network control software.
Local control pedestal
Each FlumeGate installation includes a robust pedestal that provides power and control to the gate and is a secure, weather proof housing for electronic components and batteries. The pedestal also serves as a local user interface. A keypad and LCD display are located under the pedestal lid, allowing farmers to monitor, or operators to control and troubleshoot on-site.
The FlumeGate’s modular design allows it to be maintained in the field with minimal tools, training, and easily replaceable parts.
- Retractable level sensors allow for easy in-field servicing
- Seals can be replaced
- On-site diagnostics
- Service can be done by local Rubicon field technicians or authorised/trained independent local integrators
Easy to install
Rubicon’s FlumeGate products are designed to retrofit to existing check type regulating structures as well as purpose built emplacements significantly reducing costs associated with civil work.
- Installed and operational in two days during irrigation or off-season
- Factory calibrated and pre-commissioned