BUCHI - Model B-811 / B-811 LSV - Four Compliant and Versatile Extraction System
From Extraction Solutions
Ensure the most efficient sample preparation for demanding applications in residue and contaminant analysis. Expand your range of application with the multiple extraction methods of the Extraction System B-811.
Flexible and Efficient
- Soxhlet, Soxhlet Warm, Hot Extraction and Continuous Flow on the same instrument
- Combine the benefits of Soxhlet and Randall extraction in one instrument
- Reach the required detection limit thanks to 60% larger sample volume (LSV configuration)
- Compatible with many solvents and samples
- Contamination free instrument thanks to autoclavable parts
- No alternating blank values thanks to elimination of residual effects
- Better recoveries by drying under inert gas
Safe and Compliant
- Perfect observation of the process thanks to visible glass setup
- Minimized solvent loss thanks to high performance condenser
- Risk of burns reduced by effective shielding and heating control
- Full compliance achieved using the Soxhlet mode
For a wide range of applications in the scientific research as well as for academic education
Polymers: additives (plasticizers, stabilizers, etc.) / Contamination / Branching fraction Textiles: dyes / Residues: perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), phthalates, chlorinated paraffins, formaldehyde / Contaminants: pesticides, PCBs, PAHs
Nutraceuticals / Herbal and dietary supplements / Plant toxins / Monitoring of active reagents
Persistent organic pollutants (POPs) / Total petroleum hydrocarbons (TPHs) / Pharmaceuticals, personal care products (PPCPs) / Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) / Explosives
Crude fat, total fat.
Crude or total fat, lipids (after hydrolysis) / Contaminants: food, food contact materials, processing / Residues: pesticides, veterinary drugs / Flavors and odors.
The beakers are specially designed for the BUCHI extraction units. The bottom of the beaker is perfectly plane, which gives excellent heat transfer. The lip of the beaker is manually polished to ensure the best tightness of the system.
With the B-811 LSV (large sample volume) model it is possible to increase the sample size to reach the required detection limit of the analytes. The main glass parts are expanded up to 60%.
The temperature difference between the boiling point of the solvent and the cooling water temperature should be 20-25°C in order to achieve good condensation of the solvent in the condenser and to achieve a good solvent recovery throughout the extraction
Soxhlet extraction in full compliance with official methods for environmental applications or for fat determination in food and feed samples.
The B-811 LSV with the larger sample volume allows for higher quantities to reach the required detection limit of the analyte. The main glass parts are expanded up to 60 %.
Easy adjustment of the level detection sensor 1 to the sample volume for increased throughput and efficiency of the Soxhlet cycle.
Use high-boiling solvents of up to 150 °C thanks to two built-in heating sources per extraction location and optimal heat transfer.
All components in contact with the sample are inert. Contamination of the sample is prevented as leaching of additives from sealing membranes is eliminated.
Complete tightness of joints and a protective shield guarantee excellent operator protection. Cooling water, level of solvent and heat source are monitored at any time.