FPI - Model RLGD-100 - Remote Laser Gas Detectors
Backed by decade expertise and research on utilization of TDL (Tunable Diode Laser) technology, the latest RLGD-100 is developed on a well proven technology platform. The RLGD-100, is a portable detector that allows high-sensitivity real-time detection of methane from a distance. Methane leaks can be quickly monitored by pointing the laser beam towards the suspected leak, or along the survey line. It enables easy access to hard-to-reach locations, and provides protection for operator and industrial applications against a wide range of potential leak sources.
- Locate methane up to 30metres
- High sensitivity and ultra-fast response
- Response to methane only, no interference
- Self-check and automatic calibration before start-up
- User-friendly LCD display
- Wireless data logging
- Visual and audible alarms
- Easy to operate and maintenance free
- Long operation time
Natural Gas Mining
The remote methane detector can be applied in all natural gas process from the very beginning to end users.
In mining, there will be a risk due to instant leakage of methane mix with ambient to cause explosion. Methane concentration can be easily detected by pointing the laser to possible leak areas.
In the downstream of natural gas supplement, which is the user end, there will be more safety risks due to lack of maintenance and regular inspection. User friendly interface and operation makes remote detector even can be used by untrained user possible.
The joint point of natural gas distribution pipe lines could be the most possible leak point in the distribution system. Therefore, regular inspection in these areas are essential for safety, hence remote detection will be the most efficient and time effective way.
Gas Tank Truck
Remote laser detector has enabled leak detection from a distance, especially useful to transportation vehicles before departing and after arriving for a safe transition. Besides, the laser technology will not false alarm on other gases to ensure accurate detection.
Installation of a fixed natural gas detector to detect possible leakage on the top joint point of gas holder is a regular method for safety inspection. However, in some circumstance, there possibly be no such good position for fixed installation (such as round type tank), remote detection will be the best alternative.
Underground Gas Leakage
Forget about the suction pump and metal probe which have been used in the past by conventional instruments. Compensation function will remove background methane and count the leakage only, laser property provides extremely high sensitivity and accuracy for low concentration underground leak detection.
RLGD-100 employs Tunable Diode Laser (TDL) technology, where laser light beam is projected over a distance onto a reflective target, a fraction of backscatter is reflected and received by the transceiver. Methane in the laser path creates a distinct signal in the returned light, which will be collected and focused onto a detector and converted to an electronic signal. Average methane density between the detector and target are displayed in ppm.
- Detection Method: Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy (TDLAS)
- Detection Gas: Methane (CH4 ) or Methane contained gases
- Measurement Range: 0-50 000 ppm.m
- Detection Distance: 0.5-30 m nominalactual detection distance may vary from objectives and conditions
- Sensitivity: 5 ppm .m at distance from 0-10m Accuracy
- Alarm Range: 1-9 999 ppm.m
- Accuracy: ±10% (100- 000) ppm.m
- Response Time: 0.1s
- Alarm Range: 1-9 999 ppm.m
- Alarm Modes: Audible tone visual flash and concentration reported on the display
- Selftest & Calibration: Built-in self-test and automatic calibration before startup
- Laser Safety Class: In conformity with IEC60825-1.2007a class 1 laser is equipped on this instrument as the detector and a class 2 or 3R laser used as the spoUer
- Explosion Proof: Ex ib IIA T3 Gb
- Enclosure Protection: IP54
- Operating Conditions: (-20 - +50)℃ (30-95)%RH (non-condensing)
- Storage Conditions: (-30 - +60) ℃, 90%RH (non-condensing)
- Power Supply: Rechargeable lithium-ion baUery
- Battery Duration: ≥8h at 25 ℃ under screen brightness level 3 and sound volume level 2
- Battery Charging Time: ≤4h
- Weight: <1.5kg