Freezer/Mill - Model 6875 - High Capacity Cryogenic Grinder
The 6875 Freezer/Mill is a large cryogenic mill that can grind up to 0.1 - 100 grams of samples. It is specifically designed to cryogenically grind tough and/or temperature sensitive samples. The mill cools samples to cryogenic temperatures, then pulverizes them by magnetically shuttling a steel impactor back and forth against two stationary end-plugs. Since the vial is closed, the integrity of its contents is maintained, hazardous or critical samples are easily controlled, cleanup is simplified and cross-sample contamination is eliminated.
The new high resolution display is user-friendly and includes the following features:
- Run history which is uploadable to a thumb drive via USB
- Training videos and manuals that can be viewed on the screen.
- A complete listing of accessories
Applications include: DNA/RNA extraction, THC extraction, protein extraction, forensic testing, materials testing, pharmaceutical analysis, drug testing, RoHS/WEEE and volatiles extraction.
Typical samples include: Animal tissue, plastic and polymers, yeast, pharmaceuticals, food products, electronic components, textiles, hair, teeth, bones, plant tissue such as cannabis, seeds, leaves and roots.
- Liquid nitrogen required for operation. Equipped with liquid nitrogen level sensor, insulated case and lid safety interlock switch for operator protection.
- Grinding Vial Sets offered in a variety of materials including polycarbonate, stainless steel, and Cr-free steel.
- Grinds samples in the 0.1 - 100 gram range. Grinding chamber holds one large grinding vial, one mid-size vial, four standard grinding vials or four microvial sets.
- Auto-Fill System available for automated filling with liquid nitrogen. Order model number 6875A Freezer/Mill.
- Dimensions 20.5 in (52cm) x 21.5 in (55cm) x 18 in (46cm)
- Voltage 115V/60Hz or 230V/50Hz
- Net Weight (lbs) 44 lbs (24kg)
- Power Cord 3-prong grounded plug, 115V 60Hz or 2-prong European plug, 230V / 50Hz
- Timer/Controls Touch-screen programmable controls for grinding cycles, time, impact rate, pre-cooling and cooling times. Stores 20 grinding programs.
- CE Approved Yes