Areas of Application
Rotary Cone Sample Dividers form a symbiosis with high-precision analytical measurement instruments. They are used in every laboratory involved in research, development and process monitoring in order to produce small yet nevertheless representative sample quantities for accurate analysis results.
With the models of the Rotary Cone Sample Divider LABORETTE 27, even liquid media or suspensions can be divided without conversion of the instrument. In the division of suspensions with coarse-grained portions in particular, division with the Rotary Cone Sample Divider avoids the disruptive influence of demixing due to sedimentation of larger or heavier particles.
Method of Operation
A perfect sample preparation is the indispensable foundation for every analysis – because any errors will be reflected in the results later on. Therefore the reliable creation of guaranteed representative subsamples plays an absolutely central role. The FRITSCH Rotary Cone Sample Divider LABORETTE 27 offers the ideal conditions: it is the only sample divider on the market dividing your samples with up to 3,000 dividing steps per minute centred over a rotating dividing cone into up to 30 separate channels. Each individual sample with identical chemical and physical properties – and with 99.9 % accuracy for many more sample materials than any other similar method. Traditional dividing methods such as quartering and coning no longer provide enough accuracy for high-precision modern analytical instruments. Even the use of eccentric rotating sample dividers is problematic, because if the material segregates on the vibratory feeder, it causes falsified results.
The FRITSCH solution: the sample feed funnel of the LABORETTE27 guides the sample material centred onto the point of the rotating cone. The rapid rotation of the entire system accelerates the sample material outwards along its surface and divides it through up to 30 guiding channels into chemically and physically precisely identical subsamples. Your advantage: greatest division precision during sample division for the best possible accuracy and representative samples. For the division of liquid samples, the funnel is simply repositioned for eccentric division.
- Compact basic instrument, combinable with 6 different dividing heads
- Up to 3,000 division steps per minute
- Division of dry samples and suspensions without modification of the instrument
- Variable division ratios
- Quick clamp device for sample bottles 250 ml and 500 ml
- Food-safe materials
- Easy cleaning due to removable dividing head
- Adapted sample division with the vibratory feeder LABORETTE 24
- Glass collecting vessels from 15 ml to 500 ml
- Maintenance-free drive motor with slipping clutch, rotational speed 100 rpm
- Recyclable, heavy-duty cast aluminium housing
- Certified safety (CE mark)
- 2-year warranty
The standard equipment delivered with the Rotary Cone Sample Divider does not include the dividing head. Dividing heads with various division ratios (1:8; 1:10; 1:30) and in various materials are offered. The corresponding dividing head must be ordered as an accessory.
The precision of the division is further increased by the use of the Vibratory Feeder LABORETTE 24 through the slow, even supply of material. In this way, even materials that do not flow easily, such as cement or limestone.
- Voltage/connection values: 230 V/1~ *
- Frequency: 50-60 Hz *
- Power consumption: 90 W *
- Division ratio: 1:8, 1:10, 1:30
- Number of possible sub-samples: 8, 10, 3
- Materials of the dividing heads: POM Plastic , aluminium or PTFE-coated aluminium
- Max. particle size: 10 mm, 2.5 mm
- Max. sample quantity: 4000, 2500, 300 ml
- Capacity of sample bottles: 15, 20, 25, 30, 250, 500 ml
- Division: Dry/wet
- Maintenance-free drive motor with slipping clutch: rotational speed 100 rpm
- Weight: 7.7 kg
- Dimensions: W x D x H Bench top instrument 27 x 45 x 46 cm