FTS DigiTemp - Model SDI-12 - Submersible Water Temperature Sensor
The FTS DigiTemp submersible water temperature sensor is a rugged SDI-12 sensor for measuring the temperature of soil, water or other liquids with scientific- grade accuracy and long-term reliability. It makes adding automatic temperature monitoring to existing stations incredibly easy and cost-effective. DigiTemp is small enough to easily deploy through standard 1” (2.5 cm) PVC conduit with 8” (20.3 cm) factory bend corners. DigiTemp is a fully digital sensor, using the SDI-12 protocol, and is compatible with any SDI-12 compliant datalogger, like the Axiom.
Just plug it in and forget it.
- No complex wiring to set up.
- Because it is a linear sensor, no need to program coefficients.
- Flexible strain relief cable is durable, watertight, and UV-resistant. Supports cable length up to 152 m (500′) with no impact on performance.
- Strong molded end loop for attaching weights or other mechanism for helping to fish through conduit.
- Soil temperature
- Surface water
- Stilling wells
- Aquaculture tanks
- Sensor Type: Encapsulated thermistor
- Interface: SDI-12, v.1.3
- Temperature range: -40°C to +60°C (readings returned in °C and °F)
- Accuracy: ±0.2°C (-5°C to +45°C)
- Resolution: 0.01°C
- Responsiveness: Reaches 95% of final value in 1.7 min., 99% in 2.9 min.
- Current consumption: 5mA active, 0.6mA quiescent
- Cable length: 18.3m (60’) standard; custom lengths available up to 152 m (500')
- Cable durability: UV-resistant, 0.060”polyurethane jacket with waterblock
- Maximum depth: 30.5m (100’)
- Dimensions: 95mm (3.74') length (to strain relief), 16.5mm (0.65') diameter
The DigiTemp sensor is CE-certified.