FTS - Model (RG-T) - Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
The rugged, all metal RG-T Rain Gauge is FTS's take on a simple, proven, mature technology. It has earned tremendous loyalty over several years for its extreme accuracy, excellent calibration retention and super simple deployment that ensures success-customers especially appreciate the fact that unlike many tipping buckets available, it doesn't rust.
- Screens in the funnel and over the base plate water outlets seal the tipping mechanism completely from insects and wind-borne material.
- Built-in bubble levels and full 2-axis leveling mechanism, make it quick and east to mount the tipping bucket perfectly level on any surface (even a vertical pole).
- Employs a tool-less design that utilizes 'bicycle-style' quick-release clamps.
- Metal construction provides rugged durability.
- Cable sheathed in braided stainless steel, to protect it form animal damage.
- Cable terminates in a waterproof, military-style bayonet connector for use with Axiom dataloggers (optionally available without military connector for use with other dataloggers).
- The tipping mechanism is injeciton moulded engineered in resin, resulting in extreme accuracy on every unit.
- Inner surface of tipper is super-smooth with no corners so it shed watter better than metal tippers and doesn't allow dust or small debris to collect.
- Jeweled (ruby) bearings mean no friction, no resistance to tipping resulting in high sensitivity to accuracy capture even very small rain events.
- The jeweled bearings also prevent the mechanism from wearing out over time, resulting in long-term calibration retention.
- The base and support ports are precision cast as a single structure, providing maximum vibration resistance. False measurements from wind are eliminated, ensuring long-term repeatable accuracy.
- Stainless steel quick-release clamps eliminate retaining screws that can rust and adversely affect accuracy.