FTS - Model GOES.hopper - GOES / Meteosat Communication Solution
GOES.hopper is a fully turnkey GOES satellite-based communication solution for new or existing monitoring stations with SDI-12 sensors. It has the ability to provide groundwater data to your desktop at a very low cost.
- Geostationary Orbital Environmental Satellite
- Owned by NOAA, in existence since 1975
- Free to use by any government agency
- Very reliable (typically 97%+)
- Low power consumption
- Standard telemetry used by US Forest Service, USGS and the Water Survey of Canada
- Pre-configured and tested—ready to go out of the box. Just connect existing sensors.
- Extremely simple to deploy—install in 15 minutes with no training.
- Transmits data once per hour, 24/7/365.
- Extremely low power consumption.
- No IT infrastructure required.
- Reduce manpower and site visits