The FumeGard 156 Vertical Laminar Airflow Fume Hood for high acid and trace metal analysis meets NSF / ANSI Standards for personnel, product, and environmental protection through HEPA filtration. Durable polypropylene construction is rust resistant.
Virtually Metal Free
All FumeGard cabinets are virtually metal free and do not use nylon components. “Double wall” construction forms the plumbing chase for the routing and connection of all services required including electrical outlets. The sloped bottom polypropylene sink basin and strainer are fabricated from ¼ inch (6 mm) polypropylene. Access panels are provided for front maintenance of HEPA filters, services, electronic systems, and counterweight balance system. The window counterbalance contains metallic weights, but is encased in PVC. Metallic components, such as the fluorescent lighting, are fully encased in nonmetallic materials. Drawers, drawer guides, sliding window components, drawer pulls, handles, hinges, and screws are also manufactured using polypropylene.
Setting the Performance Standard
The FumeGard NU-156 is designed and tested to meet product and personnel containment performance as established by NSF Standard No. 49 for Biological Safety Cabinets. These cabinets meet or exceed ISO Standard 14644-1, Class 10 air quality conditions, and have been independently tested for containment properties in accordance to ASHRAE Standard 110-1995 for Fume Hoods.
Unidirectional airflow moving along parallel flow lines at a constant velocity of 60 fpm (0.30 m/s) minimizes air turbulence within the work zone lessening the chance for cross contamination.
Dynamic Air Barrier
Strong inflow air velocity of 105 fpm (0.53 m/s) through a 10'' (254 mm) access opening creates maximum personnel protection.
HEPEX™ Zero Leak Airflow System
Constructed almost entirely of polypropylene, this fume hood contains the HEPEX™ Zero Leak Airflow System, available only from NuAire. The HEPEX™ system prevents uneven particulate loading by eliminating direct blasts to the HEPA filter, dispensing air over 100% of the surface. The system surrounds positive pressure airflow chambers and ducts with negative air pressure relative to the laboratory. This limits the possibility of leaks and guards against filter failure.
Applications for All
NuAire polypropylene products have been used in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Environmental Toxic Analysis, Analytical Chemistry, Metallurgy, Water Treatment Facilities, Toxicology, Trace Metal Analysis, Marine Science, Waste Management, Soil Science, Semiconductor, and more.
Large Separator-Less (Aluminum Free) HEPA Filters 99.99% Efficient on 0.3 Micron Particles Removable Work Surface/Inlet Grill Front Filter Removal without Removing View Screen Cool White Fluorescent Lighting Solid State Motor Voltage Regulator
- ULPA Filters 99.999% Efficient @ 0.12 Microns
- Remote Controlled Service Valves for Air, Vacuum, and N2 Available in PVC, PVDF, Teflon® or Polypropylene
- Magnehelic Gauge to Monitor Supply Plenum
- Additional Duplex Outlet(s) with PVC Covers
- Cascade Rinse Tanks with Nitrogen Purge
- Digital Manometer/Alarm
- Exhaust Interlocks for Building Controls
- D.I. or N2 Teflon® Spray Guns
- Teflon®, PVDF, or Polypropylene Dip Tanks with or without Drains
- Polypropylene or PVDF sinks with Hot/Cold or D.I. Water Faucets
- Teflon® Liquid/Air Aspirators to Syphon Chemicals
- Fully Perforated Work Surface (10% Open)
- Polypropylene Rectangle-to-Round Exhaust Transitions
- Custom Polypropylene Sinks with Chemically Resistant “P”-Trap
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter for Duplex Outlet
- Vented Base Support Cabinet