Gasmet - Model DX4000 - Portable FTIR Gas Analyzer
Gasmet DX4000 is portable FTIR gas analyzer for applications where multiple gas compounds need to be accurately monitored in hot & humid sample gas. It is the world’s smallest FTIR emissions monitoring system.
Gasmet DX4000 is typically set-up to measure H2O, CO2, CO, NO, NO2, N2O, SO2, NH3, CH4, HCl, HF and different VOC´s and can measure up to 50 gases simultaneously. Additional gases can be easily added without any hardware changes. The corrosion-resistant sample cell is heated to 180 °C, which ensures that the sample stays in the gaseous phase even with high concentrations of H2O or corrosive gases.
Multicomponent FTIR Gas Analyzer
Gasmet On-site Series includes portable multicomponent gas analyzers for demanding applications. The Gasmet DX4000 incorporates a Fourier transform infrared, FTIR spectrometer, a temperature-controlled sample cell, and signal processing electronics. The analyzer offers versatility and high performance for all users.
The Gasmet DX4000 is designed for short term on site measurements with wide dynamic ranges. It is an ideal tool to measure trace concentrations of pollutants in wet, corrosive gas streams. The sample cell can be heated up to 180°C. Sample cell absorption path length is selected according to the application.
The Gasmet DX4000 allows simple calibration using only single component calibration gases. The user can easily configure the analyzer for a new set of compounds.
The DX4000 is designed to be used with the Gasmet PSS portable sampling system. This system utilizes hot-and-wet measurement principle (no drying or dilution), which ensures that the analysis is done with a representative sample. There is two-stage particulate filtration: the first one in the sampling probe and the second one in the sampling system.
The portable sampling unit can be optionally equipped with a ZrO2 sensor for accurate oxygen measurement.
- Portable and easy set-up
- Easily configurable for new gas components
- No sample pretreatment needed
- Online results
- MCERTS certified
- Simultaneous measurement of all gases
The DX4000 is operated with the Calcmet software running on a laptop computer. Calcmet provides a flexible and easy to use UI with all the tools needed for making demanding measurements in a single software.
The Gasmet DX4000 has received the coveted MCERTS certification for stack emissions monitoring.
A study compared alternative methods (AM) to the European standard reference method (SRM) EN 14791 for measurements of SO2 in emissions. Gasmet’s DX4000 was compared to the Standard Reference Method for SO2 (EN 14791) in order to verify whether it could be used as an alternative method (AM) to EN 14791. The data from test measurements, conducted according to EN 14793, demonstrated that the tested alternative methods, including FTIR, could be used instead of the standard reference method EN 14791.
- Measuring principle: Fourier transform infrared, FTIR
- Performance: Simultaneous analysis of up to 50 gas compounds
- Response time, T90: Typically < 120 s, depending on the gas flow and measurement time
- Operating temperature:
- Short term 0 - 40°C
- long term 5 - 30°C
- Storage temperature: -20 - 60°C, non-condensing
- Power supply: 100-115 or 230 V / 50 -60 Hz
- Power consumption: Average 150 W, maximum 300 W
- Resolution: 8 cm-1 or 4 cm-1
- Scan frequency: 10 scans / s
- Detector: Peltier cooled MCT
- Source: SiC, 1550 K
- Beamsplitter: ZnSe
- Window material: ZnSe
- Wave number range: 900 - 4 200 cm-1
- Structure: Multi-pass, fixed path length 5.0 m
- Material: 100 % rhodium coated aluminium
- Mirrors: Fixed, protected gold coating
- Volume: 0.4 liters
- Inlet Swagelok 6 mm
- Outlet Swagelok 8 mm
- Gaskets Viton O-rings
- Temperature: 180 °C, maximum
- Window material: BaF2
- Zero point calibration: 24 hours, calibration with nitrogen (4.0 or higher N2 recommended)
- Zero point drift: < 2 % of measuring range per zero point calibration interval
- Sensitivity drift: None
- Linearity deviation: < 2 % of measuring range
- Temperature drifts: < 2 % of measuring range per 10 K temperature change
- Pressure influence: 1 % change of measuring value for 1 % sample pressure change. Ambient pressure changes measured and compensated
- Digital interface:
- 9-pole D-connector for RS-232
- Analyzer is connected to an external computer via RS-232C cable. The external computer controls Gasmet.
- Remote control connection for Portable sampling unit
- Power connection: Standard plug CEE-22
- PSS connection: Remote connection of PSS (Portable Sampling System)
Gas inlet and outlet conditions
- Gas temperature: Non-condensing, the sample gas temperature should be the same as the sample cell temperature
- Flow rate: 120 - 600 liters per hour
- Gas filtration: Filtration of particulates (2 µm) required
- Sample gas pressure: Ambient
- Sample pump: External, not included
- A/D converter: Dynamic range 95 dB
- 32-bit floating point DSP
- Signal processor: 120 MFLOPS speed
- Computer: External, not included
Analysis software (for external PC)
- Operating system: Windows XP
- Analysis software: Calcmet for Windows
- Sample cell: Multi-pass, fixed path length 2.5 m or 9.8 m
- Pressure measurement: Inside sample cell
- Analog signals (ext PC): ADAM 5000/TCP module (for analog inputs, outputs, relays)
- Sample cell gaskets: Teflon coated Viton or Kalrez
- Trolley: Wheeled cart for the analyzer and laptop computer
- Material: Aluminium
- Dimensions (mm): 390 * 445 * 164
- Weight: 13.9 kg
- CE label: According to EMI guideline 89/336/EC